atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bernbe01 E Class Ringing - 10/08/11 07:02 AM
Hi -

My company recently aquired a refurbished E-Class system with a DLC12 card. I have really learned a lot about this system in the past week as I am being asked to try and make it do things that it was never designed to do.

One thing I have been asked to do (and this seems possible), is make the inbound calls on the PRI hit a different auto attendant than the calls coming from the CO lines. 1 CO line will be an exception to this and be used exclusively for fax/side machines.

I have set up a second branch id, made it a menu and set it to be the default. I have adjusted the time parameters as required for this new branch.

The main issue I'm having is that I can't seem to make a ring group work correctly, and no matter what I have the destination set to for the PRI, ext 101 always rings (I had set it to 101 from 100 initially).

I am not an ESI certified anything, just a company's telco guy who happens to be working on an IVX-E. I know both the Installer and Admin passwords, and I feel comfortable poking around in the menus.

If there is any direction you can give me on the inbound ring groups / inbound AA as a route based system it would be much appreciated.

I have read all of the Admin documentation available for more than just the E Class systems, and I have even got my hands on some old Installer docs, but nothing seems to address this exact concern. Am I trying to make the system do something I can't?

If I am in a bind, I would consider hiring an ESI tech, but I love learning and would prefer direction on where to look if possible.

thank you in advance for any insight you may share.

./Ben
Posted By: nonameyet Re: E Class Ringing - 10/08/11 07:10 AM
Pilot Number Function is where You can change where the Main number goes, If you have DID's along with the PRI, then look at DID programing to change where they go both day and night.
Posted By: SST Re: E Class Ringing - 10/08/11 08:48 AM
You'll need to build the alternate menu branches in F4 auto attendant programming. (i.e. ID2) Then point your PRI Pilot numbers and DID's to the alternate AA branches.
Posted By: bernbe01 Re: E Class Ringing - 10/12/11 07:40 PM
Thank you for your responses.

I do have 3 custom AA branches setup, recorded, and scheduled. Their customizations work fine on inbound calls. I found my issue and have corrected it. I was not deleting all of the extensions set up in each AA branch, only the visible one.

I verified DID routes, and I am looking into the PRI pilot now, but calls in seem to be going well!

thank you.

I also found that things were easiest for me with ARS disabled. Is it true that even when ARS is disabled, if a custom route (3 through 7?) is matched it will have the rules applied from the custom ARS route anyway? Example: We have a pic code (other common carrier) on the PRI, when it is manually set in the ARS route for the line group it allows outbound toll calls without ARS enabled. If i remove the pic code from the ARS route, toll calls fail. Does this mean the ARS routes are used when ARS is disabled? Am I just mixing up terms?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: E Class Ringing - 10/13/11 03:41 AM
I haven't seen any carriers still using PIC codes

ARS is for Outbound Only. Pilot Number is InBound Only. Do you have more than 1 " Main Numbers " ?

The other thing that could cause issues, which type of PRI do you have the system set for?

You may want to call in a Certified Tech.
Posted By: bernbe01 Re: E Class Ringing - 10/18/11 01:46 PM
i do have more than one main number

xxx-0077 --> co1
xxx-9773 to 9777 --> co2 to co6
xxx-1100 to 1199 --> pri

branch 1 = 1100
branch 2 = 977x
branch 3 = 0077

strange that fairpoint up here uses an antiquated method (*cough cough not surprised*)

does the ARS outbound use route 3 to 7 (my custom routes) even when ARS is disabled? it appears to based on my testing.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: E Class Ringing - 10/18/11 03:19 PM
do you have your Main number ( the one on the PRI ) programmed in F225 ? what is the Config of your system? Card Types, in the order they are installed.
Posted By: SST Re: E Class Ringing - 10/18/11 03:22 PM
No, you can build the tables and nothing will be invoked until you "enable ARS". I'm positive of this. I had a client that I needed to disable ARS to take their SIP service out of routing when it would cause call failures. It was a drive save for me. I could just enable and disable ARS to remove and restore the SIP trunks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help