atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: pmeyer60 ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/07/13 04:13 PM
I have a strange problem with an ESI 200 system with a mix of IVC cards and digital cards. When you press # 0 the page will be broadcast through the digital phones fine, on the IP Phones you get the splash tone and the BLF lights light but no audio. Just wondering if anybody else has experienced this.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/07/13 07:16 PM
do you know what Software level the phone system is running?

From ESI tech Page: 13507 During an all-page, IP phones don’t play the audio (although Digital Feature Phones do, as usual). xx.4.2 xx.4.7 ( meaning it was corrected in xx.4.7 version)
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/08/13 02:24 PM
I've got six 200s all running 14.5.54.2. All have a mix of ip and digital and the all page works on all sets. I have a 600 with a mix, as well, and all page works. Update the software and your problem should go away.

Rcaman
Posted By: pmeyer60 Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/10/13 09:28 PM
The system is running 14.5.54.2 loaded from the factory as it was just installed 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/11/13 01:00 PM
Remove all IVX cards and start, one at a time and install one IVX card and test. Do this until you get a failure. Also, do this with all digital cards, as well. I had a 200 with one bad digital card and it caused all kinds of weird and seemingly unrelated problems in the system. If it fails no matter what you do, call ESI. You have a bad processor or system load.

Rcaman
Posted By: pmeyer60 Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 03/11/13 02:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will try this and let you know what I find.
Posted By: pmeyer60 Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 04/02/13 05:56 PM
Found the problem was the LG PoE Smart Switch we were using, even though we were not using any of the management on it. Changed out switch, problem went away. Thanks for your help
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 04/03/13 01:30 AM
Did you exchange it for a different brand/model?
Posted By: pmeyer60 Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 04/04/13 12:41 AM
Yes, we changed it out to a Netgear managed Poe switch. I'm not exactly sure which model. And we are not using any of the management, just using it for PoE.
Posted By: LaTuFu Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 04/10/13 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by pmeyer60
Yes, we changed it out to a Netgear managed Poe switch. I'm not exactly sure which model. And we are not using any of the management, just using it for PoE.

Netgear and KVI both make unmanaged PoE switches for this kind of situation. Just helpful FYI for future deployments.

The cost of an unmanaged switch is usually a whole lot less. If you don't plan to use the management ever, no need to pay for it.

(I know there are many other manufacturers that make them, too, these are two that we have used successfully in multiple ESI deployments, that's why I suggested them)
Posted By: pmeyer60 Re: ESI VoIP All Page Issue - 04/11/13 07:27 PM
Thanks for the input LaTuFu, I will keep in mind for the future.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help