atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: keytel ESI line issues - 06/04/13 10:37 AM
Hi all,
I recently moved an ESI 100 communications server. Old location used Verizon pots lines (never had issues) new location uses Optimum Online dial tones.
Since the move there has been constant problems with phone lines getting hung up.
It seems to be completely random and happens on all lines. When I monitor the lines from my butt set after they get hung I hear the fast busy signal from the phone company.
The only way to free up the lines for use is to unplug them and reconnect them at the modem or to reboot the Esi system.
Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue? ESI are having an engineer look into it and I have not spoken to Optimum yet.
It seems when I'm at the customers site I am spending more time resetting lines than I am trying to isolate/reproduce the problem. I've seen this problem before when a conference call is made but this occurs after a regular phone call.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Paul
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI line issues - 06/04/13 12:32 PM
You might ask Optimum if they are or can provide CPC. It appears they are not. The second thing is for you to take a meter and check on and off hook voltage and, most importantly, off hook line current. No matter what ESI tells you, if your line current is not between 25-35 ma. the POTS trunks will not function properly. You will experience all kinds of weird problems. ESI has a hard time working on CO trunks that are not at least -24VDC (on hook. Normal CO voltage is -48VDC, but you mentioned modem so I am guessing this is not coming from a real CO. Off hook voltage needs to be, at least -7VDC) and either at or more than 25 ma current or less than 35 ma current.

Remember, when the system was connected to Verizon trunks, everything worked well. That means the service the customer is paying for from Optimum is not up to reasonable standards.

Rcaman
Posted By: keytel Re: ESI line issues - 06/05/13 12:35 AM
Thank you Rcaman,
That will give me some direction and something to work off at the site.
Esi suggested I turn off trunk-trunk transfer under function 321 which I will try also.
I will let you know the outcome.
Anyone else out there, please feel free to add any more input. The sooner I get this resolved the better.

Regards,
Paul
Posted By: bdunne Re: ESI line issues - 06/06/13 04:58 PM
Did you find a resoution, Paul?
Posted By: keytel Re: ESI line issues - 06/10/13 10:52 AM
I should be on site someday this week. Will update you of any positive developments.

Have a good week everybody,
Paul
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help