atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TopekaPhone Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 05/19/14 06:12 PM
Hey gang-

This may have already been answered somewhere but I couldn't find out where-

I have a VTX1000 on the 600, that will not dial out. It is either the dial tone is coming in too hot (and the system can't "hear" the tones) or the VTX is not sending DTMF tone loud enough.

This same phone worked on the ESI 200, and it works on a Mitel, but not on the 600.

When I press talk, I hear dial tone, then I hear dial tone while pressing the numbers to dial out- when I hook it up to the 200, I press talk, hear dial tone, then dial tone "goes away" as I'm dialing the numbers-

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix for it?

Thanks
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 05/19/14 06:30 PM
Call ESI Tech support and have them adjust the DTMF receive threshold.

Rcaman
Posted By: TopekaPhone Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 05/19/14 07:52 PM
awesome- thanks rcaman
Posted By: TopekaPhone Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 06/06/14 03:46 PM
Hey Rcaman-

They said to try getting into programming, and walked me through changing the DTMF on off settings- the tech I worked with had no clue about the DTMF receive threshold- have you had them do that before? (changed the DTMF on off settings did not work btw)

thanks
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 06/07/14 02:31 PM
Are you certified on the Comm Server ESI?

The ESI techs can and have adjusted threshold settings on numerous systems. They are reluctant to do so if the tech is not certified or is not on site. Making those changes can lead to glare and echo problems, so there has to be a check immediately when the changes are made.

Just as a check that you can do, take a single line telephone and see if you have any dialing issues with it.

Rcaman
Posted By: Dragonetti Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 05/04/16 03:48 PM
ESI doesn't have anything called DTMF Receive Threshold. I'm not certain yet what the fix is for this
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Polycom VTX1000-ESI 600 - 05/04/16 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dragonetti
ESI doesn't have anything called DTMF Receive Threshold. I'm not certain yet what the fix is for this

well, yes they do, it is a Hidden function available thru the phone( master Tech only ) ESI can also adjust using Terminal commands...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help