atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: T4RJon Remote IP Phone Problems - 07/10/14 09:19 PM
I'm more of a Cisco Voice guy these days, and haven't been in the PBX world in over 5 years. We have a customer that is running an ESI-200 hybrid system and has a mix of TDM and IP phones. We cut them over to a new internet service and since then, the IP phone we are testing with is coming up as X159 remotely, but in the office it shows it comes up as X108, which is how it is configured.

After testing it in the office, I brought it back to my house, and still has the same problem.

Its as if its grabbing another extensions config when coming in from the outside. I would think that it wouldn't matter as the MAC address is obviously not changing.

I also have had problems finding the correct system programmer for this system. the ones I've downloaded from ESI do not give me the full configuration options that the customer has.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!!
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Remote IP Phone Problems - 07/10/14 11:21 PM
I will try and help you. First off, are you working with a 48 or 60 button IP telephone?

Second, in the extension programming, you MUST change the phone type to either local IP if the phone is connected to the same subnet as the IVC module or Remote IP if the phone is operating off a remote network that is not part of the same network as the 200's IVC module.

Third, if you are dealing with a 48 button IP, you can get all the programming to the phone by connecting it to the same network the IVC is connected. When the phone is a remote, you may need to find an XP system and DL from ESI the remote phone programmer.

Fourth, if these are 60 button IP phones, you can program these by holding the programming button while the phone is booting up. A menu will appear and that is were you enter in the appropriate values.

If you are a certified ESI technician, you have access to the latest Comm Server programmer. If not, I suggest you contact a certified dealer in your area and they will gladly resolve your problem.

Rcaman
Posted By: bdunne Re: Remote IP Phone Problems - 07/11/14 12:35 AM
I've had this happen before and it's always related to the remote phone having the wrong UDP port programmed, sending traffic to the wrong IVC card, almost certainly.
Posted By: T4RJon Re: Remote IP Phone Problems - 07/11/14 12:21 PM
Thanks for the help, guys. It's a 48 button IP Phone.

We suggested the customer contact the ESI dealer, but did offer to handle as best we could. The customer chose us....

I'll try these suggestions today.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: Remote IP Phone Problems - 07/12/14 05:49 PM
One other thing to try. Reboot the KSU. When making UDP and IP address changes to the ESI system, sometimes it needs a reboot to make all the changes load together.

Rcaman
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help