atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Jessica Lynn Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/06/14 05:20 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to the business world and esi phone systems. I have a mix in my office of the 48 and, I believe, the 24 key system.

The current system has been set up that if a patient calls line one and line one is busy it moves to line two, then three, etc.

The GOAL is to be able to forward calls when the office is not open so a patient can always speak/reach someone. We're looking to forward calls to an outside cell phone or employee's home phone.

What is happening is that when I push the "CFWD" button it prompts me on the screen saying, "FORWARD TO _". I've read the manual countless numbers of times and it seems like this is the time to push in the outgoing phone number. I've tried everything... I've tried using a 9 first, a 1 and then area code but everything I try, after pushing in three numbers the phone stops allowing me to push in more numbers and says, "Invalid entry" and goes back to the main screen.

I've tried so many three digit codes and nothing seems to work. I tried searching google for the answer and came up with nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you so much!!
Posted By: oobie Re: Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/06/14 06:48 PM
Depending on how your system is set up it could be restricted.

If you have have Call Forwarding on the CO line you could just pick the line up and forward it not the extension but it really depends on how your system is set up and programmed to handle calls.

Gary
Posted By: Jessica Lynn Re: Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/06/14 07:00 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

Do you know if there is a way to turn that allowance back on?

We do have a company that set up our system but if I don't challenge myself with this stuff then I'll never learn more smile

Posted By: oobie Re: Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/06/14 08:23 PM
Not sure if you know how to Program the system but we can't give out any installer programming information on the forum. But if you do know how to program the system it would be under the Basic Extension Feature Authorization
Posted By: upstateny Re: Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/06/14 08:35 PM
The best way to do it is to call your carrier and order call forwarding. Then you simply pick up the line, dial a code (typically *72 and the number) wait until the call is answered and you are done.

Then when you want to stop forwarding you dial a code (typically *73) and the calls are no longer forwarded.

Posted By: Rcaman Re: Call forwarding "Invalid entry" - 08/07/14 04:00 PM
The reason this is a better alternative is that the call hunting will follow the forwarding. When you try and forward the calls from the system side, the second call will just ring or go to the default station.

You may want to call the company that set the system up for you and ask them if they would be willing to install the Administrator's program on one of your computers and train you in how to use it. Then programming issues, like this one, would be easily resolved. There are some sections of the programming which are NOT accessible via the Administrator's program.

Rcaman
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help