atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dukester How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 03/24/16 05:49 PM
How do you change from greeting 1 to greeting 2 on a guest mailbox? I have recorded the 2nd greeting just not sure how to change which one is played to caller.

Thanks,
Steve
Same way you would in any mailbox. Log in, press 1 for greetings and follow the prompts.
Thanks John.

As a followup, can a button be mapped to allow the message to be changed easily? (like 571 - 573 for regular mailbox greeting)
Posted By: Rcaman Re: How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 03/25/16 07:47 PM
Unfortunately, No. Because this is a Guest Mailbox, one must enter the mailbox and make changes while logged into the mailbox.

Rcaman
I am wanting to ring a department made up of about 5 phones. If not answered, I want it to go to voice mail (I was going to use guest mailbox). I wanted a different message for after hours. I can't utilize the night forwarding feature, since this particular department keeps different hours than the other departments in the company. I don't think they will remember to change the greeting at the end of the day and again at the beginning unless it was as simple as hitting a key that would light up.

Are there other options that I should consider to accomplish this?
Originally Posted by Dukester
I am wanting to ring a department made up of about 5 phones. If not answered, I want it to go to voice mail (I was going to use guest mailbox). I wanted a different message for after hours. I can't utilize the night forwarding feature, since this particular department keeps different hours than the other departments in the company. I don't think they will remember to change the greeting at the end of the day and again at the beginning unless it was as simple as hitting a key that would light up.

Are there other options that I should consider to accomplish this?

Which ESI system? Some offer tenant services with options for a different greeting and schedule which would work.
200 Communications Server

If we set up tenant services to allow a different schedule and greeting, would there be other separations between stations that we wouldn't want? For instance, I would want any phone in the system to be able to transfer to any other phone or department, regardless of tenant. In other words, is it still one big, happy system that works together?
Posted By: Rcaman Re: How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 03/28/16 02:17 PM
The ESI is the easiest tenant configuration in the business. If you make those phones be in tenant 2, they will still be able to call the other tenant group as well as receive calls from the other tenant. If you make no other changes other than to F169 and F41, everything will work as before except you will have an ID2 with all the sub branches and routing you have with the first tenant but with new programming that reflects what you want to do.

Rcaman
Originally Posted by Dukester
200 Communications Server

If we set up tenant services to allow a different schedule and greeting, would there be other separations between stations that we wouldn't want? For instance, I would want any phone in the system to be able to transfer to any other phone or department, regardless of tenant. In other words, is it still one big, happy system that works together?

I have only dealt with tenant services a couple of times and it was a few years ago so I can't give you all of the specifics without spending an hour or two digging into the manuals. I don't think there are any issues transferring calls.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 03/28/16 07:55 PM
The system will work as "One big, happy system" if all you do is designate which extensions are in which tenant group in F31.

Rcaman
Tonight I experimented enough with the tenant features to think that it will work just like you said (not that I didn't believe you!). One thing I found is that it seems like the call routing in 225 seems to only follow tenant 1's schedule. I guess you have to assign the department to a tenant then do the routing in 331. Also, turning on tenants blew out my Automatic Day/Night tables. Hopefully there aren't any other unexpected things that changed.

Thanks for your help!
Posted By: Rcaman Re: How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 03/30/16 01:34 PM
Depending on which extensions are in Tenant 1 and tenant 2, the Day/Night tables should have stayed the same for tenant 1. You will need to make a new table for tenant 2. If you look at the department programming, there is a place to designate which tenant is in that department. You have to make a new department to include call coverage as well as call rerouting for the new tenant group.

Rcaman
Do I need to make a new department or can I just assign the department I already have to tenant 2?

Steve
I set up Tenant 2 and things seem to be working for the most part. For some reason the caller ID was goofed up. I had to manually set each extension's ID that was assigned to tenant 2. Do I need to make any changes in 2131? At this point, the lines appear to be set to tenant 1. They seem to receive and send calls okay though.

Steve
Posted By: Rcaman Re: How to change greeting # on guest mailbox - 04/06/16 03:28 PM
I assume you are referring to the outgoing caller ID. When changing tenant, the outgoing caller has to be set for each extension in the new tenant.

Outgoing calls will route correctly unless you enable "CO tenant check" in form 169. Then the tenant whose CO trunks are listed as tenant 1 will only be accessable to tenant 1 and those associated with tenant 2 would be accessable to tenant 2, etc. You make CO Trunk tenant differences in 2131 if you want to segregate the trunks to specific tenants.

The departments are populated by extension members. Unless you want to segregate tenants, then you can have mixed tenants in a department, however, if you segregate CO Trunks in 2131, and make tenants in 31, then the departments will have to follow the tenant.

Rcaman
I am not doing the tenant check, so it sounds like I should be good with not assigning the trunks.

I appreciate your help!! If you don't hear from me, everything must be working.

Steve
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help