atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: apccommgrp VIP 7 Going to Idle - 11/17/16 04:18 PM
I have a client that really uses the IM portion of VIP 7 a lot. They don't want any extensions status going to idle because they can not receive IMs. Tech support says there is no way to keep a persons extension from going to idle. Are we going to have to go with another IM software or does anyone have any ideas. The use to use MXIE before we installed the ESI system.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 11/24/16 11:57 PM
Which operating system is the client using?

Rcaman
Posted By: apccommgrp Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 12/05/16 05:29 PM
Sorry for the delay was on vacation. They are using Windows 7.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 12/07/16 04:32 PM
When this happens, does the computer do into a suspended state?

Rcaman
Posted By: apccommgrp Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 12/15/16 02:23 PM
We set the PCs to never sleep and VIP still goes into idle. The messaging goes to an idle state and can not receive messages. I spoke with tech support and they said it would go into an idle state if not used for a period of time. If the user is logged into VIP they should always be able to receive messages unless the are set to unavailable. Never had or noticed this before. We have tons of clients with VIP Pro and 7.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 12/16/16 03:54 PM
We have hundreds of clients using VIP 7 and, aside from the computer going into a suspended state, I have never seen or have we received a complaint regarding this issue.

Did ESI set up a trap log? It takes a lot of memory, but, I think, in your case, it would be worth it.

We have clients using VIP 7 on Windows 10 OS and, even with that abortion, it never goes into an idle state.

Rcaman
Posted By: apccommgrp Re: VIP 7 Going to Idle - 03/08/17 12:38 AM
Tech support escalated this and later the engineers had us change a line in a VIP7 .dll file and BAM!!!! NO going to idle.

They actually have it set to go to idle after 10 minutes and we changed it to 120 minutes and haven't had any issues since. If you find yourself with this issue they know how to fix it now.

Thanks guys.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help