atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Beeken IP900 and vlans - 02/06/17 04:55 PM
We have tried unsuccessfully to put the ip 900 system in a different vlan. The vlan works, i have put a variety of other devices in it just to ensure there isn't any routing issues or anything like that, but every time we put the system in the vlan only the DSP address shows in a network scan, and we cannot access the web interface, and nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be happening?
Posted By: SST Re: IP900 and vlans - 04/08/17 03:45 AM
The switch port that the 900 is on has to be a trunked port, meaning all VLANs that the phones are on and the native VLANs of those ports have to be presented to the 900 for broadcasts. So if your tagged phone VLAN is 20 and all native VLANS across the network are 1,2,3,4 and 5 then the 900 needs to be on a switch port that has all VLANS on it, 1,2,3,4,5 and 20. If you still can't talk to the 900 then there is a bigger problem than the setup. Time to call esi.
Posted By: ITElkay Re: IP900 and vlans - 11/17/17 08:10 PM
I know this is an old post, but what fixed it for us was leaving one phone on the old vlan and the others on the new one. The new vlans started working and then we switched the other phone to the new vlan.
Posted By: Beeken Re: IP900 and vlans - 05/26/18 08:08 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to do this for a year. We have the native untagged vlan for data and another tagged vlan for phones. The switch ports are marked for the untagged vlan and the tagged one. Never once have I been able to make contact with the ip900 after setting it to the tagged vlan. And I'm getting no real help from esi. I am at a loss as of why this isn't wotking.
Posted By: Beeken Re: IP900 and vlans - 09/13/18 02:01 PM
We finally got the vlan going . The secret was all of the phone switch ports tagged with the phone vlan and untagged with native vlan. But the ip900 switch port is reversed. Tagged with native vlan and untagged with phone vlan.
Posted By: JoeyO Re: IP900 and vlans - 10/11/19 04:15 AM
Beeken,

I know this post is old, but I'm fighting an issue with this on a Cisco 3560. Our phones are on VLAN 10. I did what you said to do, but the phones still keep showing the following:

VER 4.09 z3.2.06
MAC: 00304dxxxxxx
CRC:21E9

We are having no luck, but I can ping the phone system all day on the vlan. The phones do not pick up an IP. Is there a way to get rid of this error correction code and statically assign an IP via a web gui or anything?
Posted By: Professor Shadow Re: IP900 and vlans - 10/11/19 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyO
Beeken,

I know this post is old,
Beeken hasn't been on this forum for over a year.
Posted By: chiefjon Re: IP900 and vlans - 10/11/19 03:30 PM
I believe the answer is the switch port connected to the IP900 has to be tagged opposite of all the ports that the phones are tagged. So, if you have data 1 and voice 10 then program the vlans for the port to the IP900 to have data 10 and voice 1. I know Beeken and will contact him to add to the conversation. Good luck
Posted By: Beeken Re: IP900 and vlans - 10/19/19 03:12 AM
Do you have the ip900 set to distribute ip address or are you going using an external dhcp server? I don't believe you can set a static IP.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help