atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: EPearson ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/06/17 07:42 PM
Anyone having audio issues on 60D phones? We constantly get complaints that customers can't hear or be heard. WE have adjusted according to ESI tech support but is fix one issue and break others. Plus the 60 Speaker volume is very low along with ringer volume. Also the 60D's don't sound very well on speaker phone. I just replaced a 60D in conference room with an analog polycom on a ESI analog port and it sounds great. Just wondered if anyone else is having these issues?
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/06/17 08:17 PM
Which system? We have several hundred 60D phones in customer's locations and no one has these issues. We have over a hundred 60 IP phones and there are no volume or clarity issues.

If the phones were first generation 60D, there were volume issues, but most of them were solved with phone firmware upgrades.

I do recall there was an issue on the CS 600 regarding volume issues and the 40D and 60D sets, but, since we have several CS600 customers, I think the system software upgrades and telephone firmware upgrades took care of those issues.

Rcaman
Posted By: EPearson Re: ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/06/17 09:36 PM
The systems are ESI 50l and ESI 50. we don't have hundreds in the field but we have probably 40 and at least 15 have issues. As far as upgrades we have upgraded until we are blue in the face. When they adjust the gain via support it causes other problems like white noise. It's not the co trunks because we have them with At&t, charter, century link and via copper and fiber all low volume. I don't have any on PRI or SIP
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/06/17 10:08 PM
Adjusting the gain, system wide, is the last thing you want to do if the problem is with a few phones and not the whole lot. This is one of those situations where you scratch your elbow and your hand falls off.

OK, my first thought is to take a 48 key or 30 key or whatever you have and know is working and replace the 60 with it and see what happens. Also, if you look on the main board, you will see the +12 Volt test point. What is the voltage?

Rcaman
Posted By: EPearson Re: ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/07/17 03:23 PM
As far as I know there aren't any individual gain adjustments on ESI on a per phone or per co line basis. That's why I said that any gain adjustment on handset will affect side tone for the user system wide. The mic cone range is really poor for the new handsets compared to the 48 key handsets. The mic gain goes up to help with audio outside the ESI system it increases the hiss and white noise.
Posted By: breeze Re: ESI 60d audio and volume issuesat - 02/20/17 01:21 PM
Had the same problems on two of our 50 systems. The software upgrades didn't fix them. We got so fed up with the time spent adjusting and testing we just told ESI to send us new equipment. Once we installed the new hardware, we had no more issues.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help