atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mickamg Adding a line on a 50. - 03/09/17 09:36 PM
Have a customer who added a 3rd line to a 50. The line rings in on the button and can be answered, but it can not be seized by pressing the button to make a call out (fast busy). The idle display shows two rectangle block in the LCD. All 12 button phones, default administrator password works, but installer password does not. Customer does not know what the password might be, and I didn't sell this to him. My assumption is the 3rd line is set up as inbound only, but that won't do. Any suggestions? Starting from scratch is probably an option, as there are only 5 sets and 3 lines.

Mike
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Adding a line on a 50. - 03/10/17 01:39 AM
You need installer level password to make those types of changes. what happened to the original dealer?
Posted By: Mickamg Re: Adding a line on a 50. - 03/10/17 04:24 PM
I asked the customer about the installer, and he had no idea. I moved the system from one location to another about 4 months ago, but there were no changes to the system, although in retrospect, had I attempted a "just in case" backup I would have discovered this issue then. Anyway, I thought it was a one-off request (not a regular customer), but then a month ago they asked for an additional extension, which I provided, but again, no need for any programming. Now this request for an additional line.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Adding a line on a 50. - 03/12/17 01:38 AM
You might want to get in touch with ESI ( give them the serial number on the side of the cabinet ) they should be able to tell you the Dealer it was sold to, maybe contact the dealer and see if the customer owes them any money....and if they don't want to service it anymore....
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help