atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: walterv ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/22/17 02:56 AM
In 8 years there have been no enhancements, was told today, the CS line is dead, there hosted totally sucks, and way to expensive. CS is dead,that is why they now charge for sup;port. If you still sell this crap, your clients will hate you, old crap that they do not support. Their hosted solution is a joke and a rip off,,, I say this as an ESI dealer for 20 years.............

I am moving all my clients out of this....... you should follow my lead......
Posted By: walterv Re: ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/22/17 03:00 AM
Very easy to move your clients, other stuff actually works, ESi does not. ESI is no longer into premise based systems
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/22/17 03:16 AM
Wow, haven't heard this yet, but saw it coming considering how hard they were pushing hosted. I guess their niche, small business needing basic telephony is disappearing into the cloud anyway. Our company did ESI since VoiceWorks, and have tons of clients on them, but with their 90% failure rate of flash cards lately, we haven't been pushing their product anyway. We're installing a 50 on Friday, may be the last...
Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/22/17 02:44 PM
I don't know where you are getting your information, but ESI IS NOT abandoning the CS line or the 900.

As far as enhancements, there have been several software releases in the past 8 years and there is a Beta release for dealers of a new software release. There have been new phones and other enhancements to the product line.

Has ESI had problems? Sure. So is EVERY other telephone manufacturer out there. To make unsubstantiated statements regarding the end of the CS line is totally irresponsible for an ESI dealer of 20 years.

I spoke with ESI management and was told there is NO plan to end the CS line.

Rcaman
Posted By: 94astro Re: ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/22/17 03:57 PM
I asked my rep and he said he hasn't heard of this. Fake news got me again!
Posted By: Tucci Re: ESI is done with Communications Server - 03/27/17 11:33 AM
Fake news. Sad.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help