atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TopekaPhone SIP to Analog - 03/27/17 01:45 PM
My apologies if this has been asked before...

I have a main system (esi 200) I have a second office with VoIP phones, and they need an external ringer for the outside of their building.

Anyone have any luck with a SIP to analog adapter? Any help is appreciated.

THanks
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: SIP to Analog - 03/27/17 10:19 PM
SIP to analog workd very well. We use it for Partner and Magix customer to replace Verizon pots.
Posted By: TopekaPhone Re: SIP to Analog - 03/28/17 12:30 PM
Nice, Thanks Hitechcomm- So, I can use that as a SIP line, or SIP station, then an external ringer? Just want to be sure before I spend the customers money. smile Appreciate the help.
Posted By: oobie Re: SIP to Analog - 03/28/17 03:41 PM
I think what you are trying to do is a connect a SIP ATA adapter back to the main ESI 200? Correct?

IF so you could use an existing analog extension off of the 200 and use either Multi-tech or Patton adapters. As for a SIP ATA that works with the main ESI 200 would need to talk to ESI regarding that, I know they had a generic SIP extension license but we could never get it fully correct and abandeed it. Maybe someone else can chime in.

You would also potential crack and tap the speaker on an IP phone and send that to an amp to the speakers.
Posted By: TopekaPhone Re: SIP to Analog - 03/28/17 06:07 PM
Yeah- that is correct- basically- I have a sip ext license- use that for the remote site- send the SIP station info to the ATA or some other adapter, and plug in an external speaker/ringer into the ATA to ring when the department rings.

Not sure if anyone has tried anything like that, or had luck with the ESI/SIP extensions.
Posted By: John807 Re: SIP to Analog - 03/29/17 01:29 PM
Normally I just come off the speaker of a phone to a self amplifed speaker. Quick, easy and if they want to page out there too it works.
Posted By: TopekaPhone Re: SIP to Analog - 03/29/17 03:05 PM
Thanks- would that be loud enough for an outside lot type of deal? Do you simply connect the wires on the inside of the phone? Thanks so much
Posted By: oobie Re: SIP to Analog - 03/29/17 05:53 PM
Depending what your using for speakers. You can send that signal from the speaker leads of the phone into an amp and dispers that way to..

To be honest that is probably the route I would go rather than fighting with ESI support to get a generic SIP ATA extension up that may not work.
Posted By: John807 Re: SIP to Analog - 03/30/17 02:04 PM
I believe Speco has a 30 watt self amplified horn that would be plenty loud. Yes open the set and connect right to the speaker. I normally drill a small hole in the phone case to bring the wires out, then put the set back together.
Posted By: Rcaman Re: SIP to Analog - 03/30/17 02:15 PM
That will work. Be advised: Opening the phone and drilling a hole in it will void the warranty.

Rcaman
Posted By: John807 Re: SIP to Analog - 03/31/17 01:52 AM
I forgot to mention that and then thought common sense would rule.LoL.
Posted By: hitechcomm Re: SIP to Analog - 03/31/17 02:21 AM
Never let common sense enter the picture.......
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help