atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Dukester ESI Incoming CID quit working properly - 08/31/17 03:52 AM
We have ESI Communication Server 200 with a Comcast provided PRI. Since we have been with Comcast (over two years) incoming CID has worked without a hitch. Displayed name and number for all calls. Last week we started having dropped calls or calls where we could not hear customers. I called Comcast and they had me reboot equipment after seeing errors (Aris modem and Adtran). Reboot made things better but not perfect. Comcast replaced the Aris modem. and we thought all was well. About that time we noticed that the CID was intermittent. I called Comcast and they said changing the modem should not have changed anything and that it must be coincidence. I talked at length with a tech who put in multiple calls to the PRI and monitored what he said their equipment was passing to our ESI. He said it was all there. I checked around the office and it sounds like the CID issue started a day or two after the modem replacement, not exactly when it was replaced but we could be wrong. It could have been immediate after replacement.

Tonight I figured out that when the call comes in on line one, CID works fine. Any other line, it just displays "Line 2", "Line 3", etc.

We had made no recent changes to the ESI before the errors started occurring or before the CID problems. I have confirmed that the PRI card is set to National NI2 which is what Comcast said it should be.

Anyone have any ideas?

Steve

Posted By: Rcaman Re: ESI Incoming CID quit working properly - 08/31/17 06:50 PM
With Comcast, you have to be the "telephone crafts person" because they don't have a clue.

Here's what you will have to do in order of best to worst:

1. Using a PRI tester, confirm CID or No CID per channel.
2. Set the Caller ID gain (F166) to half what is is now and then run some test calls. Keep adjusting lower until you either get CID or you run out of numbers
3. Call ESI Tech Support and have them either turn on debug or allow them to live monitor while you pump some call through.

There is no amount of pleading with Comcast to fix a problem that they don't have a clue what it is. In all likely hood, the new Aris is not playing well with the Adtran.

Rcaman
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI Incoming CID quit working properly - 08/31/17 07:47 PM
my 2 cents...Typically if there is No Caller ID coming from the Carrier, you would only see an Arrow in the display. You are saying you see Line 2, line 3..?

Do You have Names programmed on the channels of the PRI? if so, remove them. You also " may have an issue" with the Caller ID Buffer being Full..( calls from say a particular number that has called your office before will still work, New calls that never called your office before may not. You could have ESI check the Buffer( and Clear it if need be) , it will also erase any caller id info in ...the esi-dex....
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help