atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Carl Navarro Finally!! ESI call logger project done! - 06/15/18 06:47 PM
A couple of years back, I was tasked with capturing ESI SMDR into a log file. Well, the project got put on the back burner until last week. Today, I delivered it. My friend Roger, wrote a kick-ass program that takes the SMDR, puts it in a file (2 files actually so we can see the raw data), and presents it to the customer via web access. Best of all, it runs on a Raspberry Pi and has remote access via Tor.

It's very basic, but since the customer has 4 phones, it's all he needed, the ability to see the incoming CID and search by extension. It's an ongoing project, but this is the basic monitoring. Security, passwords, and reporting come next.

Love it!

Carl
Posted By: usbuild Re: Finally!! ESI call logger project done! - 06/15/18 07:11 PM
Sounds like promising project. Let me know if you plan on selling it, I have quite a few customers who would be interested in simple reporting running on RPi vs MS server + SQL
It needs some tweaks. Most notably, the ESI outgoing dialing string continues even after 11 digits have been dialed and it dutifully reports it. So, first is the access security, or some kind of parsing in the finished output to substitute *'s for the extra digits and hide the raw data.

He's working on the config file, notification, and window dressing, but I think it might be offered for a reasonable fee, making the entire solution in the $100 range with Pi. It requires a Putty Agent key, Tor, and Putty to work and runs on a 3B. We're working on capacities with a 16 or 32 G memory stick. At 78 bytes per record and 36 or so bytes overhead per file, it's a lot of storage.
Posted By: usbuild Re: Finally!! ESI call logger project done! - 06/16/18 03:33 PM
I only work with NEC systems, so will have to hire someone to modify parser, but the rest should work on any platform.
Have you considered sending preconfigured reports by email instead of allowing remote access?
No, he can do the parser. Yes and maybe. Right now, it's geared to send text messages on the address change and access is via Onion or locally.

Since it's a WIP, it can be modified pretty easily with SMTP access to the internet. He may do a custom config for a fee and you can do whatever you want with it. I think the control is via an Onion address so the compensation may be a base plus a small fee per install. He told me to run with whatever I think is fair. This is probably a 20 hour development project.

Just for fun, can you send me a typical NEC serial output?

Carl
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help