atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: olflattop ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 02/11/19 09:54 PM
Wondering if anyone else has run into similar issue. We have an ASC card in slot 4 that periodically locks up....card has a link light but SMTP stops working. It will not respond to ping test, and EVERY TIME we have to reset the Base Cabinet to clear the issue. Happened 3 times now, anywhere from 1.5 month to 3 months apart. Tried different LAN switch ports, simply unplugging/plug back in to LAN does nothing. Any feedback appreciated. BTW, slot 1 and 2 are D12's, slot 3 is a CS-SIP8, and then the CS-ASC is in slot #4. Running 12.5.55.37 on processor, ASC is 1.2.1.15.
Posted By: PhoneGuyMD Re: ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 02/11/19 11:21 PM
I have the same issue on a 200 cabinet. Have to reset the main cabinet to get it working again. Last time happened was in November, and just got call today that emails stopped working. Tried to get into remotely and cannot but customer was able to log into it locally via ssh so will go onsite tomorrow. Changed external smtp hosts from yahoo business to gmail back in November and thought it was fixed, but still happening.

Have you tried changing the mobile messaging from the asc card to the sip card?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 02/12/19 03:18 PM
Make sure the IP Address on the ASC card is locked down to ESI Only ( they have a bunch of IP's ), I also recommend using ESI's smtp relay setup.
Posted By: olflattop Re: ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 02/15/19 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by RegisMT
I have the same issue on a 200 cabinet. Have to reset the main cabinet to get it working again. Last time happened was in November, and just got call today that emails stopped working. Tried to get into remotely and cannot but customer was able to log into it locally via ssh so will go onsite tomorrow. Changed external smtp hosts from yahoo business to gmail back in November and thought it was fixed, but still happening.

Have you tried changing the mobile messaging from the asc card to the sip card?

Thanks for the replies. Ports 1 and 2 of my SIP card for signaling and media stream are connected direct/split to Spectrum SBC device SIP trunking dedicated port. Our NSP is on the LAN and port fwding setup for remote access. The ASC is on customer LAN and I have it set to send SMTP to our relay server at our office, as we have done with many other sites on a Toshiba or Zultys. The ASC static address is not even pingable when this occurs. Maybe a port mirror switch and a laptop left onsite to capture would reveal something.
Posted By: olflattop Re: ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 04/16/19 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by nonameyet
Make sure the IP Address on the ASC card is locked down to ESI Only ( they have a bunch of IP's ), I also recommend using ESI's smtp relay setup.
I had IT verify that only port 22 was reachable from ESI's public IP, as well as setup the ESI SMTP service. No lockups since. Previously there were a bunch of hack attempts on the card. Just wanted to follow up.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: ESI-100 ASC Card lock ups - 04/16/19 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by olflattop
Originally Posted by nonameyet
I had IT verify that only port 22 was reachable from ESI's public IP, as well as setup the ESI SMTP service. No lockups since. Previously there were a bunch of hack attempts on the card. Just wanted to follow up.

Good to Hear , Thanks for the Update

Brian
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help