atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have a small client with a 50 that recently started losing sync with the IP phones. It started about a week ago when they came in that morning and the phones were all locked trying to connect to the host. They rebooted the system and the phones connected right away. It started happening twice a day at almost the same time. It took them a week to call us. We went out yesterday and the phones were stuck trying to connect when we arrived. We connected to the system through the network no problem. The network switch and power supply are fine. They only have IP stations so we connected a digital phone and it functioned fine. We rebooted the system and the phones connected. We thought it might be power related so we replaced the power supply and the ups and started monitoring the power receptacle. After an hour or so of monitoring ( no problems) we left. We were gone about 10 minutes and it happened again. The system has 6 IP phones, 1 analog, and ESIs SIP trunks. Any ideas/suggestions before we hang another cabinet and swap the SIP licenses?
You say this happens at about the same time everyday. Have you wiresharked the network at that time? We had an issue with a printer software that would prob the network and it would shut down our communication and it was set to run at certain times of the day. Also check for duplicate IP addresses of the IVC port. Possibly a random phone kicking on the wifi could be taking it over. Keep us informed.
The phone system has it's on switch. The only thing on it are the 6 phones, the NSP, the 2 SIP ports, and a uplink port.The NSP and the IVC IPs are blocked from the available IP list to avoid conflicts. The NSP is on the network and the IVC is on a seperate subnet.
I was just informed they installed an IP camera system a couple of days before the trouble started but nobody knows it's IP scheme. We checked the network for devices in the 172.18.0 range yesterday and found nothing.
Since on a 50 the port for NSP and IVC are the same, it is still possible that something is flooding the network even though they are on different subnets. I would definetly sniff the port the NSP/IVC is plugged into to see if there is a massive amount of traffic hitting it.
Update!!!
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port. LIGHTBULB!!! I asked her when she had done this to which she replied just before the trouble started. 2 seconds to fix. So ask them questions and if it doesnt add up ask them again. I actually felt rude asking again but I got the info I needed and they dont have to reboot 4 times a day. Win win.
Posted By: oobie Re: Esi 50 IP phones lose connection with host - 03/12/19 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by apccommgrp
Update!!!
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port. LIGHTBULB!!! I asked her when she had done this to which she replied just before the trouble started. 2 seconds to fix. So ask them questions and if it doesnt add up ask them again. I actually felt rude asking again but I got the info I needed and they dont have to reboot 4 times a day. Win win.
Good Job!!!
Originally Posted by apccommgrp
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port.
Ever since the telephone guy left the elevators haven't be working...
Dean

If I had a nickle for every time that happened.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help