atcomsystems.ca/forum
ESI-600, 3 PRI's, outbound calls set to use the 3rd PRI, top channels on down, inbound calls use the 1st PRI, lowest channel on up.

User reported that they had called from their office phone and the recipient noticed that the CID was not correct for the caller, it was another one of our numbers.

Had our ESI support person double check the settings. He went into F31, no issues, Checked the PRI in F16, no issues, and the caller ID in F24, were correct.

I was able to replicate this issue by dialing out from two phones using theFlash/rdl so the calls occurred almost simultaneously. This results in one of the CID's appearing on both receiving phones, though the calls are otherwise completing correctly. Tried to replicate it by manually dialing the numbers on the two phones, but could not get the issue to recur, closest I got was dialing all but the last two numbers manually on one phone, then flash/rdl on the other, and then quickly completing the first call.

I contacted our vendor, they set up a trap on the circuits and I recreated the issue. According to them, they are just passing the caller ID information we send them.

I can also replicate this by using a speed dial button.

I tried to isolate it to a particular PRI, but if I set up a CO line for a particular PRI, I can't use a speed dial or flash/redl. By using a CO line on one phone, manually dialing one number and flash/rdl on the other before completing the first, I can replicate with a CO for the 3rd PRI (which is what our outbound calls normally use), but if I use a CO line set up on the 2nd or first PRI, I can't replicate the issue.

I've looked through the forums, didn't see anything that appeared to be similar. Any input would be appreciated.

Caller ID, as delivered to the callee, is the responsibility of the callee's provider. All the providers basically upload their subscriber info to a data base that the other providers use to identify inbound calls. A provider working with old or corrupt data bases is pretty common. The person who's getting the wrong info should holler at their provider.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help