atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bmsjeff Tesing TAPI on ESI with VIP7 Software - 11/11/19 07:42 PM
I am trying to get a Windows 10 program to work with ESI's TAPI Drivers. I am using TAPI Line Watcher to test incoming and outgoing calls. Outgoing calls work fine but the incoming calls do not.
I am hoping the someone will be able to help me troubleshoot this issue.

Here is the issue:
As soon as an incoming call comes in, the TAPI Line Watcher Interface that I am using for tesing will lock up.
VIP continues to work.
If I close the TAPI Line Watcher Interface and open it back up, it will do the exact same thing. It is my assumption that some important data is not be passed from the TAPI driver but I don’t have the expertise to troubleshoot any further.
Making outgoing calls works properly.

I have a file that I can attach but the Attachment Manager is limited to 2 bytes so I created a Dropbox Share:

TAPI Troubleshooting
Posted By: NSGTech Re: Tesing TAPI on ESI with VIP7 Software - 12/02/19 07:43 PM
Are you having issues with VIP7 itself or a different program you're trying to interface with ESI?
I think at one point in time ESI had a TAPI driver dev kit and some documentation for it but it's been a few years since I saw it.
You can look at the ESI Log Viewer to see if that gives you any extra helpful information. It can be found under C:\Program Files (x86)\ESI\CoreServices if installed to the default directory.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help