atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Derrick Apto - 06/07/18 01:24 AM
Anyone familiar with a web hosting company called APTO in North Carolina? Are they same CRM Commercial Real Estate web tools outfit? I ask because someone I know think they would be a great place to host a resort website. I don't happen to agree do to the face the resort doesn't have a rental or sales office, everything is handled by individual lot owners when they sell or rent.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Apto - 06/09/18 08:03 PM
Apto hosting is out of business, customers stuck with no websites, and the kid who started the company showed up again under the name aptohq, looks very fishy to me.
Posted By: EV607797 Re: Apto - 06/10/18 04:21 AM
I can't say that I've heard of them, but I've heard of this situation more times than I care to mention. My father's website is now being hosted by an outfit in Australia, which took me about two months to track down. His bank account was still being automatically charged by the original host that went out of business. It wasn't until the new people in Australia didn't get their money and shut the site down that I had to spring into action.

So many of these outfits, like many hosted IP outfits, are slippery to say the least. People still keep handing over their phone numbers and domains to them on a handshake.
Posted By: Derrick Re: Apto - 06/12/18 03:59 AM
That is what I have read on WHtop.com about this outfit, Apto was accused of reactivating expired credit cards, by pretending to be the customer in order to restart a cancelled account. Not sure how they could do that without somones SSN, but who knows. Anyway it sounds likeone of those go out of business on Friday open back up under new name the following Wednesday kind of thing. I ran into that a few times when I was in business, I remember that seemed to happen more with govt contractors than anyone else.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Apto - 07/11/18 11:04 PM
Hosting with godaddy is is what I'd suggest.
on the credit card issue, just call the bank and tell them you lost your card, that'll stop that auto charges.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help