atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: craigers99 Moving an Iwatsu Phone System - 04/18/05 01:18 PM
Are there any special instructions to shut down an Adix APS? Just basically want to physically move the system from one building to another.. Thanks in advance!!
Posted By: annacat Re: Moving an Iwatsu Phone System - 04/18/05 01:44 PM
If the CPU battery is good, the database should remain for a move. If the battery is dead then the system would default. It would be in your best intrest to have a backup of the database. If you have an Iwatsu dealer move the system, I am sure they would do this, a non dealer may not have the software to be able to do a backup. The savings for having a non dealer move could be lost in down business time while the system is being reprogrammed to your setup.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Moving an Iwatsu Phone System - 04/18/05 01:47 PM
You should do a backup at any rate, you never know what will go wrong!
Posted By: craigers99 Re: Moving an Iwatsu Phone System - 04/19/05 11:13 AM
The batteries are brand new, so I'm sure the backup will remain. I'm not a dealer, however I have worked on PBX and Key Systems & backups are the way to go just to protect yourself from any down time. I guess I just have to figure out how to get a back up out of this machine. Thanks
Posted By: annacat Re: Moving an Iwatsu Phone System - 04/19/05 12:57 PM
When you say the batteries are new, you are referring to the small battery pack that is plugged into the CPU (red card) in the system, and not batteries in a UPS unit or the battery backup batteries (connected to the power supply terminals marked battery) for when power goes out. Again, having a backup of the database is the best way to go. We have in the past moved older other brands of systems that we did not have any database backup cabablities by plugging the system into a decent UPS unit and keeping the system on via UPS for a move that was a short drive away.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help