atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dcohick44 Omega Voice VMI - 11/14/06 08:37 AM
Is there a way to manually start Housekeeping to remove mailboxes that are marked for deletion? I have deleted mailboxes and waited two weeks and they were still there.
Thanks in advance for any assistence.
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/14/06 12:58 PM
How are you deleting them? Mailboxes through the Omega have always been immediately created and or deleted for me...
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/14/06 05:12 PM
If you're using the latest VMI programmer, there's an action listed under advanced:Invoke Housekeeping. I've never used it, and it may not be available with a normal distributor log-in.

When you have deleted mailboxes with the programmer, be sure to do a quick load (the camera icon)afterwards as the deleted mailboxes are still in the statistics cache on your pc. You may actually be reloading deleted mailboxes without even knowing it.

Or, you can check the mailbox for deletion at the next housekeeping (around 2 AM the next morning).
Posted By: dcohick44 Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/20/06 06:30 PM
Actually I create and delete them from the telephone. I have the secretary transfer me into voicemail and I have an administrator mailbox that I use for such stuff. When I go in an delete say 8 mailboxes, and wait a day or a week.....they are still there. I sure can't figure this out. For example lets say I delete a mailbox, because someone new is there. I wait a day before I make a new one. When you call in to that extension number the old name and greeting is still there. Even if I create a new mailbox immeadiately, the old name and greeting stays for some reason. I was reading my manual the other day and it said that the names and greetings would be deleted when "Housekeeping" ran in the wee hours of the morning. So I did my thing and then waited a day, and they are still there.
Any suggestions???
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/21/06 04:18 PM
Which VMI version are you running? Not all the variants handle things the same way.
Posted By: dcohick44 Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/30/06 09:12 AM
Where do I find which version that I am running?
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Omega Voice VMI - 11/30/06 03:21 PM
When you connect with the programmer, click on Status Display (the globe icon). A box will pop up showing versions, time as set in the voicemail and current port status as well as other info.
Posted By: Robin Lee Re: Omega Voice VMI - 12/05/06 10:42 AM
Or you can go the system and look on the flash card.
Posted By: Ecsgod Re: Omega Voice VMI - 12/05/06 06:24 PM
You can set the time and date in the voice mail 5 minutes before its next housekeeping round which is 3:00 am and that will force housekeeping. Hope this helps!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help