atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Pulsafeeder Calls beeping in on calls in queue... - 08/29/07 12:26 PM
I have a situation where a call comes into the operator and she does not answer it – for whatever reason – the people in our customer service queue get a beep that is interrupting the call their on. Just like on your cell phone when you have another call coming in. Where can I find the settings for that? And make it do something different – like get dumped into the customer service queue?

I have ADIX Programmer V3 and OmegaVoice VMI editor.

Thanks, mljoy
Posted By: Keighlar Re: Calls beeping in on calls in queue... - 08/29/07 12:48 PM
It's called a camp-on tone and it can be coming from many places. Are the ACD agents also in the initial ring group? Do they have DID's? This system's programming can get extremely intricate and with limited experience you could be in for a bumpy ride without installer-level support.
I guess I'm going to have to bring an extra pillow to work, maybe one of those donut style ones, because these guys aren't going to pay to have someone come do this. Besides, past managers have alienated us from the only two dealers in the area – I’m not sure I could get help even if I wanted to.

This is definitely not like any of the programming I’m used to. It doesn’t really resemble programming as much as putting together a puzzle – like a big nasty Rubik’s cube.

When you ask “Are the ACD agents also in the initial ring group?” – Excellent question – where can I find that out? I have found out that ACD means that they have to log into their queue.

What is a DID?

Thanks, mljoy
Posted By: XConnect Re: Calls beeping in on calls in queue... - 08/31/07 08:43 AM
DID ~ Direct Inward Dial. This is a direct phone number for an extension. Keighlar is asking if the calls are being directed to the extensions via a DID phone #.
initial ring group means that they are set as the ringing stations for the lines, they can either be set as a DIL to hunt group. or as stations directly ringing the lines.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help