atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: wanebo ECS and predivtive dialer connected via T1 - 06/29/09 05:36 PM
Iwatsu is not a system I deal with very often at all. But I got roped into trying to deal with getting a predictive dialer connected to an ECS via direct T1, so here goes.

The dialer is sending Robbed bit, D4 framing, AMI, EM signalling (inband), and is looking for wink start handshake. I'm told that the switch tech has installed a T1 card in the ECS and fiddled with it all day long pretty much trying out every setting that was available to him, with no success. Dialer is using a Dialogic 2XT1 card. Not sure what the part number is of the card in the ECS.

The config seems straight forward enough that pretty much any switch should be able to handle it. Is there something special about the ECS that it can't or needs a special card?

I'm not even sure that anyone has hooked a t-berd up to anything to see what is happening. Hell, I'm not even sure if there was a T1 x-over cable present in the setup. I was just roped into this about 2 hours ago and I'm pretty much looking for some basic "this should work if you do it like this" info.
Need to determine what setup you are using. Is this a setup where the Predictive dialer is connected to the Telco lines on a separate T-1 and 2nd T-1 from the dial is fed into the ECS and bridges the outside call to a ECS user sitting on a channel from your dialer waiting to be connected? Or is the dialer using the ECS to access Telco lines connected to the ECS?
The later. Dialer is using the ECS to access outside trunks (via a dial 9, basically acting as a station side device), and also access other stations through the ECS (via the dialer's own software config).

Also, something doesn't feel quite kosher with the config of the Dialogic side that I stated above (came directly from a tech, not from the DCM). I'm not sure you can configure that board that way in the first place. *shrug*

Anyhow, I think part of the problem lies in where timing is being provided.
Not sure which T-1 card you have in the ECS and if you have the T1RCV installed also... Is the T-1 card on the ECS showing a sync to the Dialogic card? Looking at the bank of leds on the card you should see the red light at the top of the set go out if sync'd up and the green led on the bottom should be on (as well as others based on config). Compare plugged in/out light status to make sure they are seeing each other via T-1 crossover. You could also try configuring the ECS in a T-1 OPX setup and the Dialogic as T-1 loopstart trunks, that would give you another option for testing connectivity if you think something is not right about the Dialogic config being E&M...
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help