atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: supervc10 ADIX new member looking for help - 02/19/10 12:52 PM
Hello all! - this is my first post, I have installed and maintained toshiba dk systems, we bought a new building that came with an iwatsu adix, it seems ok, but not as forward as the dk, so I have downloaded the manual, and have the pc software and I'm ready to get started, does anyone have a newbe check list of things to get started? - I need to change extention numbers, without changing the forwarding to voicemail - any help will be most thankful, and also thanks that all respond
Posted By: Zleviticus Re: ADIX new member looking for help - 02/22/10 08:25 AM
I would connect to the system, grab a backup of the database. Disconnect from the system and play with and find where the settings are you are looking for. that is how i got started. What is great is you can have multiple databases on your computer one that is the real deal and others that are your "play" databases. As long as you have a backup of the DB before you make any changes you can easily go back if you have an issue with a wrong programming change.
Posted By: JB Grapevine Re: ADIX new member looking for help - 03/02/10 08:47 AM
Sorry Superv10 there is not so called check list for getting started. You just pick a spot and jump in.
The best place to start is class 10 then 11. They are the meat and potatoes of most of your programming. They are station and trunk programming.

If you change extension numbers you are going to have to possibly change programming in the Voice Mail to reflect the extension ranges. The range must include the new extension numbers and you will also have to build new mailboxes for the new extensions.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help