atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jpd Iwatsu voicemail - 09/25/11 05:51 PM
I have a 4-port in-skin voice mail card that is still acting as an auto attendant and you can send a message but when you try to retrieve the meassage from any mailbox it just drops off. There are only four people in the office and they get very few messages so I don't think it is a question of overloading. I've read some past problems in the history and it seems maybe I can just do a reset without losing anything. And if so, is there any proceedure. Thanks. JD
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Iwatsu voicemail - 09/26/11 04:27 PM
Try sending a message to the mail box(es) in question, waiting a few minutes, then retrieving the message. This will verify the operation of the voice mail card and clear any spurious message waiting light. If you're still having a problem after this simple test, contact your vendor. You can reset the voice mail by resetting the phone system, but if your problem is spurious lights, the phone system will just re-light them when it boots back up.
Posted By: jpd Re: Iwatsu voicemail - 09/27/11 05:39 AM
I believe I tried that but I will give it another shot. I am going to guess that by resetting the phone system I will not lose anything. Thanks again. JD
Posted By: smoom Re: Iwatsu voicemail - 09/30/11 01:54 PM
As long as the system CPU battery is still good and the voicemail is not using a hard drive that is failing you should be good as doing a reset. If you are using a hard drive based voicemail or if has been a long time since a backup was done of the phone system I would suggest getting your vendor to help with this.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help