atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: itmctech VM randomly hanging - 05/31/13 12:51 PM
I have an issue that seems to happen randomly, and I am not sure why. It seems like it happens to the same 2-3 extensions and no one else. In this case we will use extension 403 as an example:

Extension 403 calls me and says they cannot get into their voicemail and that the system states that the option is in use. I call VM, #, 403, enter password, and hear the same thing. I look in my status display in VMI Editor and I can see that 403 is stuck accessing a folder of some sort (I can not remember exactly what it says at the moment, but will update once it happens again). I watch the status display and nothing changes. It sits on this folder it is accessing and never moves to new things like a normal mailbox access would look like. The problem seems to clear itself after quite a few hours (typically the next morning it is good). Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks in advance,
Jason
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: VM randomly hanging - 06/01/13 01:41 PM
I've seen that problem a couple of times myself- something is corrupted in the system files concerning Menu/mail box 995. I called tech support with a PSUBMDM handy and they dialed in and cleared some things up.
Posted By: itmctech Re: VM randomly hanging - 06/02/13 10:14 PM
What in the world does 995 have to do with it to cause such a problem? I havehonestly never even heard of 995 before. Does it play some background role? Unfortunately, my company is not an Iwatsu dealer, and we just service some systems we have out there from years ago.
Posted By: itmctech Re: VM randomly hanging - 06/03/13 12:48 AM
The more I hink of it, 995 sounds familiar, but I think I am just thinking of 905 and confusing myself
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: VM randomly hanging - 06/03/13 10:17 PM
Menu 995 plays after a message is left if the caller does anything other than hang up. It allows a caller to review their message, delete and re-record or mark it for high priority. You can actually look at it and program it (not really recommended) if you want to with the programmer. Sometimes an association is created with a particular mailbox- usually a very busy one- that might need a little deep tweaking. Unfortunately, only tech support has access to that programming level.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help