atcomsystems.ca/forum
We have just upgraded from an ancient Iwatsu Adix PBX to VOIP and I need to utilize our existing overhead paging system with the new phone system. We have an EDVIF board in the system and I guess I need an A/D converter (such as Grandstream HT 502) and a Rad-1A answering device.
I have no idea how to connect the Rad-1A to the EDVIF board (or patch panel) and what programming needs to be done.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Corey
The EDVIF card connected the ADIX to your overhead paging. You shouldn't need it if you have an analog port/adapter connected to the RAD along with something providing talk battery to push voice through to the amp.
I did some more digging and found that the ADIX is connected to a Valcom V-2001A analog page control and VP-4024B power supply (with three 5 watt horn speakers connected).
So, it sounds like I can I create/use an extension from the VOIP system, hook that into a digital to analog converter (such as HT 502), connect that to the RAD-1A ATA and connect that to the Valcom V-2001A? If not, what would be the sequence of electronics needed?
Valcom sells a V-9970 - Digital 1 Zone One-Way Page Control which may take the place of the HT 502 and the RAD.
Thanks
Anyone with ideas, please feel free to chime in. I can use all the help I can get.
Thanks,
Corey
The Valcom equipment is basically an interface with an amplifier that connects to your horns. You need to connect audio from your VoIP equipment to the Valcom 'audio in' connection. How you do that will depend on how audio comes out of your VoIp setup. If you use an analog port with an access code, you'll need to connect the analog port to the RAD to answer the access request. The RAD connects the audio path to the Valcom equipment. You may need to supply talk voltage to move the audio along the path to the Valcom connection. The Valcom adapter may have a switch for talk battery on it, depending on model number.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help