atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: juno ECS with MBU card - 10/10/17 02:15 PM
I'm trying to load MUB card to ECS Installed card and programed system reset card after this we can't ping the MBU card or see it in hardware.
Jim
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: ECS with MBU card - 10/10/17 10:09 PM
The MBU card only takes up space, so it doesn't show up in the hardware listing for ports. The ports for the slot the MBU card is in are still available for virtual devices.

You have to assign the IP address based on the slot you installed the card in. Your network connection goes in the second jack on the card, and the top jack connects to LAN 2.

It' s also possible your network doesn't allow an internal ping.
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: ECS with MBU card - 10/12/17 12:07 AM
I've seen a few small ECS systems without MBU cards. Is the MBU only needed if the ECS is connected to the network for ip phones and/or access?
Posted By: PhoneGuyMD Re: ECS with MBU card - 10/12/17 01:34 AM
You also have to be sure that you put the correct mac address of the mbu in the programmer or it will not come up at all. That is generally the problem I have seen in the past.

Yes the mbu is strictly there if you want to use any type of IP device that communicates with a digital or analog device. Media Bridge Unit.
Posted By: juno Re: ECS with MBU card - 10/13/17 12:42 AM
Thanks all.
Had it in wrong slot
UP and working now jim
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: ECS with MBU card - 10/16/17 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by RegisMT
Yes the mbu is strictly there if you want to use any type of IP device that communicates with a digital or analog device. Media Bridge Unit.

Thanks - now I do recall reading that, such as an ip phone accessing a T1 or analog trunk.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help