atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keyset6 Caller ID stops displaying - 05/11/18 03:52 PM
I've had a few systems with 408 cards where the Caller ID will stop working on a trunk, usually not all, just one. A system reset would resolve the trouble, I then tried just reseating the 408, that did as well. Today had a call with 5800 phones with the 8PUB-2 with the trunk option having the same thing, no CID on just the 1st trunk. The customer reset the Cable Co.'s ATA, still no CID. I reseated the 8PSUB then it was good. This has happened with different Cable Co.s, I believe they're always Arris ATAs.

I wonder if the 408 and 8PSUB-2s use the same circuitry components for the trunks - and is this a somewhat common occurrence? With some customers it may be 2 - 3 time a year it seems.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Caller ID stops displaying - 05/11/18 08:28 PM
The trunk components are pretty much the same. The difference in the cards has to do with the digital extensions. The 408 cards support the KTDs, and Platinums., but not the 5800 series. The PSUB-2s support the 5800s but not the other sets. Caller ID issues like this are pretty rare, but seem to happen more often with trunks from soft switches as opposed to traditional carriers. Sign of the times, I guess...
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: Caller ID stops displaying - 05/13/18 04:30 PM
Yes - I'm thinking each time it's happened it was not on trunks from telco with a traditional CO, but from cable company interfaces.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help