atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keyset6 'Connection refused' to ECS - 02/04/20 03:15 PM
A customer called saying she couldn't connect to the ECS as she routinely does, received the connection refused error. I called back and left a voicemail to call me back so I can instruct how to temporarily disconnect the network connection to the ECS.

Didn't hear back so I called her back today - now she can get in. I kinda thought that would be the case. I got the same message once using a customer's VPN connection a while back. Tried a few days later and it was Ok. I wonder what the cause (or maybe many factors) would typically be for that error and would there be a way to restore the connection?
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: 'Connection refused' to ECS - 02/04/20 10:41 PM
How many users try to connect to this system? Your customer may have had someone else connected when she tried to connect. Seems like I've seen that error before when there were too many cooks...
Posted By: Keyset6 Re: 'Connection refused' to ECS - 02/05/20 08:44 PM
The customer says she's the only cook making the soup - but it makes me wonder if something (one) else happened to try to access it accidentally or in error. In that case I thought we'd see - 'Cannot connect - another user is already connected' or something like that.

I get that at one site where we have a remote access pc connected to the system when I try to access it using LAN 1. I'm told it has something to do with services already being allocated.I then have to get on the customer's WiFi and access the system remotely as if I'm off site.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help