atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Keyset6 Omega 924 analog line - 08/20/20 02:58 PM
Had a call yesterday where one of 2 analog lines was always a fast busy. I was going to log into the system from a phone but then thought that wouldn't be able to troubleshoot the situation. After powering off/on the system it was Ok. I always wonder, why did it happen to begin with and it may happen again.

I do have a .pdf manual, I referenced it to see where the power switch was since it's been a while since I've worked on one and it was hard to see it due to the lighting. Probably the analog line is on the main circuit board, correct? I know modules can added, but I though it was likely it was kind of like an Iwatsu VS with 2 built in analog lines.

I seem to remember another forum brand on here, something Blue which I think the 924 actually is. I posted about the 924 here a while ago, scrolled back several pages but didn't find my thread yet. If I can find it and there is in fact a forum for that brand maybe I'll post it there.

** Looked again after I submitted it - found XBlue which I believe the Omega 924 is.
Posted By: JBean3329 Re: Omega 924 analog line - 08/20/20 09:59 PM
Everything connects to the motherboard with goofy liitle connectors, similar to a VS MISC card but smaller and easier to lose.

A fast busy is usually a TELCO network issue, rather that a CPE issue. Next time it happens, lift the line from the KSU and check it with a butt set. I retired my last 924 about 6 months ago, and can't remember if a fast busy comes from a trunk port missing battery or not...

The 924 was manufactured for Iwatsu by Tecom, and XBlue IIRC
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help