System is v6.1i
Has COB, KIB and SIBs.
CPU has following replaceable eproms
ECX EPB V-6.1i G2
ECX EPB V-6.1i G3
ECX 3672 EPB V-6.1i Basic G4
ECX EPB V-6.1i G8
ECX EPB V-6.1i G9

I do not have a manual but have figured out most of the programming including UCD's, have the SMDR working, etc...

Question 1 - What is the latest release software for this system, what would it give me that I don't have and where could I find it ?

Question 2 - How in the WORLD do you program the flex keys on the phones. I can go into admin programming and put CO's on any key, ring day night both, but I can't figure out how to program loop, pool, speed dial, paging etc to the extra keys.
The only thing I can validly dial in the key programming is XXYY where XX is 01-24 (button) and YY is 00-36 (trunks 01-36, or 00 which kills the key). I can also use ## which does the same thing as 00 EXCEPT that 00 allows that blank key to have non-appearing lines via dial code like 9 and ## doesn't (or vice versa, i can't remember right now).
I tried the 96 programming where you do XX Y ZZ where XX is the button and Y is type (CO,Feature etc) and ZZ is CO or other, it doesn't like any of that. It seems to only want 4 digit entry for buttons.

Question 3- When on a call, how do you enter an account code (for my SMDR)

Question 4 - Does anyone have a user guide for the phone, or at least a dial plan with all the feature codes and access codes, I have figured some out (park, ucd, hunt, speed dial programming) but am missing many.

Question 5 - I looked at Vodavi 96, it is really close in programming but not the same, although the admin and maint passwords via pc are the same (smokie and brandy).

When I print the system it has a lot of LCR COS, Routes, Times etc... but I don't see any LCR programs from ext 100 except maybe the L1 to L7 on station programming. (I suspect it is because it does not have the holy grail upgraded chips that have the LCR, remember, my eproms say basic).

Question 6- Has anyone got any tips or tricks, like using "other" than executone chips and maybe putting Vodavi 96 chips in this thing ?

Question 7 - The system is kind of slow (speed dial will hesitate and speed up, if you hit all the line keys really fast the COB's keep up but the lights on the phones lag behind A LOT), did they ever make a hotter CPU chip or board for this system ?

I got the system really cheap and it does what I want and works really great and I could live with it the way it is (well, I REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE FLEX KEYS AND ACCOUNT CODE) but otherwise, the rest is just curiousity on my part.

FYI, I used to work for a small interconnect, then Contel-Executone (I know I know, threw all the manuals away), Nortel, Bell Atlantic, GTE and now I manage development of software solutions for DoD and the Feds. Have done Toshiba, Iwatsu, Comdial, AT&T, Nortel Merdian and Norstar, Meridian Mail, CCR, ACD Max, Rolm, you name it... I've seen it somewhere. But I got out of phones and into software and networks about 5 years ago. So I could use a little help here. I have manuals coming in a couple of weeks, but some of these questions won't be in them, and the flex keys and account code I could use ASAP.

Oh, The APL card, it has a connector on it, what can be hooked up to it

Thanks
FYI, Q 2 3 and 4 have been answered thanks to the kind person who sent me a manual.

Still wondering about the other things though, and a new question.

In setting up UCD you can have recordings, the recordings can be CO or SL interfaces. How do you interface to either of these. What are they expecting you to use. If it is a SL port, does it ring the device first to allow the message device to answer and play like an answering machine ?

Why would one choose a CO interface vs a SL interface other than the SL interface can ring until answer (assuming that is what it does)

Thanks
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help