atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: FTSENG Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/29/01 02:21 PM
I have an Executone IDS 108 KSU and voice mail system ( I believe it is VX2 Infostar ). My problem is the voice mail indicator light on some extensions are always on even thought there are no more new messages and the voice mail indicator lights of the rest extensions are always off even thought there are still some unread messages. Is it a hardware problem or a programming problem ?? This problem came out after I replaced the power supply of KSU because of lighting.
Posted By: dtmf Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/29/01 06:47 PM
It sounds like you have false data in your system from the power problem you had. Try and reset the system and voice mail, sometimes that will clear the programs or features that are stuck in a on cycle. Let us know what happens.
Hope this helps
dtmf
Posted By: FTSENG Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/30/01 11:26 AM
I reset both system and voice mail, but the problem is still there.
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/30/01 11:37 AM
When you reset the 2 make sure it's for at least 15 min. The Capacitors need to drain. The other option is to re-program.
Posted By: FTSENG Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/30/01 03:59 PM
I will shutdown both systems after 5 o'clock, and see if the problem can go away.

Will the programming setting stored on the IDS 108 SKU be totally erased after 15 mins shutdown ??
Posted By: Test-ok Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/30/01 04:40 PM
Only if the battery is weak and can't hold it up that long (highly doubt it), you have reset it already so you should be fine (that tells me the backup memory battery is working). It held for your recent shut down. You only need to re program if you turn the power off and disconnect the bat. on the main board that holds the memory when there's no AC or defaulting it.
Posted By: FTSENG Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 07/30/01 07:14 PM
I shut down both systems for about 23 mins,
but the problem is still there.
Posted By: mattb Re: Voice mail indicator light problem - 08/08/01 11:03 PM
Try to go into the voice mail and "refresh" all mailboxs for message notification. You can use a test set and dial 76xxxx to turn on the lamps and 77xxxx to turn off manually. Once you refresh the lamps, the systems should be fine.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help