atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: dataflow Executone IDS Auto Attendant - 10/17/01 04:15 PM
We have a Executone IDS 108 running 228 9.0.1 and two Isoetec 228 Digital Voice Announcers (DVA's). This morning we had 2 power outages (no lightning), and the auto attendant stopped working. Symptoms: 1) the DVA status lights display blinking red lamp; 2) DVA ports show available if DVA's plugged in; 3) DVA's will answer lines once, but ports to DVA's not released after picking up (DVA port released after disconnecting DVA RJ45 or DVA port reset from console); 4) dialing into DVA's from internal phone is dead (nothing on phone display) 5) if DVA port is not released, the internal phone display is "AA *busy off-hook*" and incoming calls are busy; 6) unplugging DVA RJ45 causes internal phone to display "AA * not installed *".
Posted By: dtmf Re: Executone IDS Auto Attendant - 10/17/01 05:55 PM
You need to do a reset, you have false data affecting your DVA's. I would also get a UPS for the system. That will stop those kind of problems, APC makes great UPS's. Hope this helps.
dtmf
Posted By: dataflow Re: Executone IDS Auto Attendant - 10/18/01 12:18 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dtmf:
You need to do a reset, you have false data affecting your DVA's. I would also get a UPS for the system. That will stop those kind of problems, APC makes great UPS's. Hope this helps.
dtmf
</font>

We have reset the ports and the phone system, this doesn't help. Is there something else to reset? "P" [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Posted By: pvj Re: Executone IDS Auto Attendant - 10/18/01 02:39 PM
O.K.,
Have you removed the power supply from each DVA and tried a hard reset this way?Each DVA has it's own power supply.I will assume that the programming is correct for the DVA since it will answer 1 call after you reset the switch.Have you checked the message(s) on the DVA?There is a battery in each unit to keep the message in the event of a power failure but they may be bad.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help