atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bman 228 T-1 problems - 03/16/04 02:09 PM
Hi, I have a 228 dropping outbound calls over T-1. Under the diagnostic screen there are no slips no alarms, the T-1 provider has put in a fresh circuit same problem. I have changed all the cards and the cabinet out, also the CSU. This is a 2.5.1 ACPU.

Any suggestions?
Posted By: JJ Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/17/04 07:28 AM
Can you get ahold of a TBIRD? You can also have Telco monitor circuit onsite with a TBIRD. Double check all your line settings (line type, data type, drop pulse, etc.)

Good Luck!!
Posted By: RICK Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/17/04 03:02 PM
You can also try changing the drop pulse up to 20 , it cant hurt and I have seen it work on the IDS T1.
Rick
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/24/04 02:35 PM
Thanks, they have put in a new T1 so that takes care of the carrier. I did adjust the drop pulse, no change. Could it be the line type? Right now they are tie lines should I change them to DA_1 or 2? I am going out there and switching out the EVCM so we will see if that works. This is one of the most frustrating problems I have ever had on an Executone.
Posted By: SST Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/24/04 02:56 PM
How long does the call stay up? Does it actually connect? Your carrier should be able to pull a CDR and see the direction of the disconnect. If you are set as immediate start and the carrier is wink you will see the wink as an on-hook/off-hook and disconnect the call
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/26/04 07:57 AM
I went to change out the EVCM and CRASH hard.
replaced the whole system and cpu...long day.
After test calls I got one of their line release's dialed a long distance phone # and I got a busy, called it right back and it connected. Checked the T-1 diagnostic screen no slips no bpv's. The T's are grabbing the last channel and checked system for any power spikes, took out the Oneac power conditioner, and played around with the clocking cables so lets see what happens.
Posted By: JJ Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/26/04 04:21 PM
Forgot to shut system down before changing EVCM?
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/29/04 02:49 PM
Nope, did a shutdown, the cpu crashed upon power up.
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/31/04 08:26 AM
Update: Found in the line utlization reports that I have a lot of Disconnect Supervisons on these long distance T's. Looks like the carrier is dropping the calls and the 228 then dissconnects them over 30 to 40 a day.

So we will see how the carrier worms out of this one.
Posted By: JJ Re: 228 T-1 problems - 03/31/04 12:57 PM
The old ACPU's would crash on bootup if the eproms where not seated all the way properly, and the processors where not soldered onto card. You can try seating all the chips and CPU might work again.

Good catch on your side!!
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/06/04 11:52 AM
Update:Well my customer is still dropping calls 80 or more a day Disco. super. shows them all. T-1 provider see's nothing wrong. I am to the point of putting a channel bank on this thing! Anyone have any ideas all my setttings are solid: lines are tie type 84 drop pulse is up to 20 from 14 what could it be? I really don'thave the time to mess with a channel bank it's like 2 steps back.

Thanks
Guys!
Posted By: Test-ok Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/06/04 01:01 PM
>>provider see's nothing wrong

They never do, then when you change something they blame it on you.
98 percent of the time it's the carrier.
Was the circuit up and working correctly b-4 the dropped call came into play, if so I'll lay odds that the carrier did some kind of upgrade or change in their system that caused it. But these types of problems are frustrating.
Good Luck
Posted By: JJ Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/06/04 04:46 PM
Did the customer change carriers? and that is when problem started?

It sound like there is a framing, or switch type error.

Hookup your laptop to the CSU and see what kind of errors you see on it. You can pinpoint what direction the problems are happening by looking at the CSU reports. Resetr reports and look again in 24 hours.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: Adeptis Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/08/04 09:59 AM
What Line type are you using? 84??

Also Disconnect supervision in the reports only means that the outside party was the first to disconnect. Either on purpose or due to a problem.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bman:
Update:Well my customer is still dropping calls 80 or more a day Disco. super. shows them all. T-1 provider see's nothing wrong. I am to the point of putting a channel bank on this thing! Anyone have any ideas all my setttings are solid: lines are tie type 84 drop pulse is up to 20 from 14 what could it be? I really don'thave the time to mess with a channel bank it's like 2 steps back.

Thanks
Guys!
</font>
Posted By: Adeptis Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/08/04 10:01 AM
That is true if you are using an ESF CSU like a T-smart. but not on the T-serv which is most common. Perhaps a t-smart would be a good idea.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JJ:
Did the customer change carriers? and that is when problem started?

It sound like there is a framing, or switch type error.

Hookup your laptop to the CSU and see what kind of errors you see on it. You can pinpoint what direction the problems are happening by looking at the CSU reports. Resetr reports and look again in 24 hours.

Good Luck!!
</font>
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/10/04 09:00 AM
I am using a T serv 2, I did switch it out with no change. This problem just started out of nowhere one day it worked the next it started dropping. Which of coures points to the carrier. I am working with MCI here if that tells you anything. Verizon has checked and laid the blame square on MCI, What gets me..no errors on the T-1 screens no slips no alarms, the 228 see's nothing wrong and the busy signal I get when these calls drop. On the Executone you get dead air if the system drops it in most cases. Sometimes on an outbound long dist. call I get the busy signal and the "C" screen shows the call connected.

Thanks
Posted By: RICK Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/25/04 05:23 AM
You know this brings back some memories of a similiar problem on one account that had 3
T1 ckts on an IDS 432 same software.
After several vendor meets with telco, and replacing the T1 card, CSU, Power supplies
SBC finaly sent someone who took the time and found 1 pair on the T1 getting wet at a splice 2 blocks away, the pair was green and corroded, after he changed the pairs, the disconnect problem disappeared and has not come back since, over 2 years ago.
Rick
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 05/27/04 12:52 PM
Well...I put in a channel bank. Had MCI make a change on the signal to it. Just did this and they still get dropped calls, dosent look good for MCI. -Rick I thought of that so I had Verizon check out the local equipment and they did find a problem and said they fixed it, but no change. Maybe they have a little mole chewing on the wires...ya never know. Ya know I think the problem is with these T1 providers now a days you have to talk to 3 different companies it is a real pain.
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: 228 T-1 problems - 06/20/04 10:48 AM
I have been following your posted message on your problem. When you mention mci, it brought back bad experience with them.
Customer with 6 pri, 3 t-1 and mci as the carrier. the Customer would start dropping calls, rna, numbers dialed local or ld wouldn't go through. Whenever they would start to get busy.
Mci said it had to be the equipment and not them. Converted the pri to t-1 with an adtran unit. Mci still said they had issues with the equipment. Conference call with many people, showed that Mci had an issue on the last mile of the circuit, to the site.
Since they corrected the last mile issue everything was working ok.
Posted By: justbill Re: 228 T-1 problems - 06/20/04 02:35 PM
OK this may be a dumb question, but since you put a channel bank in I have to ask. Is this D4/AMI or ESF/B8ZS. The reason I have to ask is if it's D4 not seeing errors doesn't mean anything, the only time it will regester an error is if the error is at the same time as the check bit. The circuit must be taken out of service and tested ESF to seeing if there are errors or not, monitoring won't do the job.
Bill
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/25/04 07:21 AM
Update: Well the channel bank worked for awhile. Now both local and LD drop calls. Replaced everything! Still same problem, local and LD are seperate companys, both say what they always do "no trouble found" I also have Toll options set to no, still dropping. I work with many Executone systems and have never seen something like this.
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/25/04 06:23 PM
Have you checked the clocking cable on the t-1? What is the configuration of the circuits. Line type 84 doesn't seem right? E-mail me with some information of the situation. I beleive it is mci. If the circuit is a t-1, set up a phone with direct appearance of the t-1 channels and try making some calls in or out and see if the calls go through or if you can answer them right away.
Posted By: justbill Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/25/04 07:16 PM
I was going to stay out of this since I don't know the switch. Still would like to know if the T1's ESF or D4 and who's the supplier. Most the suppliers have 24/7 monitoring on T1's.
Bill
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/26/04 07:27 AM
AMI/D4, I am dealing with Verizon, MCI, XO Comm, and Matrix. So any time I have to do anything I have four companies to deal with. The equipment onsite is Verizon and thier c/o. When I get the drop the display shows
"Line Release".
Posted By: paul144 Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/26/04 07:28 AM
If I were you, I would try posting this problem in the "T-1" forum, below. I seriously doubt that this is the switch. I would hope that someone there has some more insight into this.
Posted By: justbill Re: 228 T-1 problems - 08/26/04 05:08 PM
Then I'm back to my original statement. Other than slips you can't monitor for errors on D4, it has to be taken oos and tested ESF. I do realize the problems with all the different suppliers, but you report it too whoever you ordered it from and they deal with all the others. Unless of course you ordered base line to save money. Believe me most new techs don't know you can't reliably monitor errors on D4, I dealt with it for years.
Bill
Posted By: Bman Re: 228 T-1 problems - 10/04/04 05:38 AM
Update: Well after all these HUGE stroms here in Florida, Verizon has had alot of trouble from the storm dropping calls, etc.
well after they fixed all the problems in ther c/o I have had no dropped calls on this 228 since! What a kick in the pants! All along I was telling everyone that the c/o had some issues and no one would listen should I tell them all "I told you so"...maybe not.

Thanks for all the help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help