atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bigkayeh IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/07/04 07:21 PM
I have a old customer with a new site that had an Executone IDS 108 with an ACPU and VXC voicemail that had already been installed at this site for another company. To set it up for their lines, they hired a guy who managed to default the system and do some basic programming but couldn't do anything for the voicemail. They asked me to look at it and I have got most of the intergration worked out by following the VXC appendix notes in the VX manual. However, there are two issues with which I am having difficulty. First, is the voice mail is not releasing the line when some one hangs up. This might be that there is no dissconnect signal from the lec(they are notorius for this around here). The customer is checking with them about this, but any ideas you guys have would be helpful.
The second issue is with message waiting lights. The voice mail button gets into VM and all other integration seems to be working right but no MWI. I am new to this product and maybe missing something. Again the phone system has been defaulted and VM was not. The original company was using 3-digit dialing for exts. and I have set the new company for this to as they wanted. Any help you could give me would be appreciated.

TIA

Kerry
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/07/04 08:19 PM
The Ids is pretty good about disconnect supervision there is an option on the M screen for how the system handles call when the drop pulse timer is met.You should set it to drop a line under the Talk condition.
As for the lights yes that is a problem with 3 digit extensions I believe it's the D screen on the VXC programming fpr mailboxes status.Set the message waiting lamp field to the 4 digit extension equivalent ie 312 =3012.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/08/04 11:09 AM
It hats 3 digit extensions. You might want to delete mailbox recreat with three digit mailbox, but make extension 4. After you have saved mailbox, go back and change to 3 digit. Not sure why this works, but I had to do this for a VXII with 7.51 software.

In the class of service in the VXC you can set some parameters for silence, and maxium length of message.

On the "M" screen (option screen) of the IDS, set the toll option to look like this:
Y N
y N
N N

Good Luck!!
JJ
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/08/04 04:27 PM
Thanks guys, haven't had a chance to get back to the site yet(been a rough week) but this is some good ammo and I'll let you know how it goes.

Kerry
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/12/04 07:12 PM
pvj & JJ thanks for all the help. The "D" screen on VXC fixed MWI (XXX=X0XX). Set the talk and nontalk, but still no love. However, buy setting silence=5sec in COS voice mail drops call after disconect. Told customer to watch for dropped calls and keep fingers crossed.
Thanks again,
Kerry
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 with ACPU & VXC - 04/12/04 07:35 PM
We are glad to help.

Have you checked the lines for drop pulse?

You can use a volt meter acrosss tip and ring. Look for the drop in the voltage when calling party releases line.

You can also have lines changed to ground start. This will eliminate the problem. You just need to flip the dip switches on the CO card for ground start lines, after Telco changes lines from loop to ground.

Good Luck!!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help