atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bigkayeh ACD Groups & DVA traffic - 05/27/04 04:15 PM
First off, it is a IDS 108 w/ACPU. The customer has one existing ACD group. They wanted to answer it with a message first, so I set it up as two groups as suggested by the manual. Grp. 15 answers(thank you for calling) then transfers to Grp. 1, MOH then message(all agents busy) MOH then then message(all agents still busy) then loops back. This works fine and is what customer wants. This group has 4 lines they are covering and 2-4 agents. The customer wants to add a second group covering 2 lines with 1-2 agents in the same way. All that to ask this question, would this beto much traffic for a single DVA? Currently it has to play the 3 messages, would adding three more messages be to much? I assume that it fudges the que if their are multiple calls needing to go tothe DVA. I would appreciate your input.

TIA
Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited May 27, 2004).]
Posted By: pvj Re: ACD Groups & DVA traffic - 05/27/04 05:22 PM
Well the answer to your question is it really depends on the traffic into the system and the acd que.You could always add another recorder if the announcements are being delayed.Remember a standard dva only has 60 seconds record time so that might also come into play depending on how long the greetings are.You say 3 new messages but you already have the all agents busy and all agents still busy there already so I think you might only be adding 1 message?
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: ACD Groups & DVA traffic - 05/27/04 05:53 PM
Thanks for the reply, pvj. I didn't realize about the 60 seconds. I actually have 4 messages on it now. The fourth is a closed message for night. They do have a VXC. How hard is it to set up voicemail as recorder and does it require that the port be dedicated.

Thanks,
Kerry
Posted By: pvj Re: ACD Groups & DVA traffic - 05/27/04 07:59 PM
I'm not sure if the VXC card can be used as a recorder or not,it couldn't back when I used to work for an Executone dealer.There are some dva's that have 120 seconds of record part # 15870-4 so check to see which one you have.
If the vxc card can do recordings then I'm sure JJ will chime in.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help