atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: OLD TECH substitue voicemail for executone - 06/24/04 06:54 PM
I found that you can take a analog vodavi voicemail and incorporate it into the ids system. The only problem I have is a long delay, from the time the the call is forward to voicemail to the time the system actually answers with the greetings. I have played with the timers of the m section in the g screen. any suggestions will be helpful.
Posted By: pvj Re: substitue voicemail for executone - 06/24/04 07:14 PM
The IDS is actually quite flexible as long as the VMS option is turned on.Does the Vodavi have any settings for how many digits it's expecting?Maybe the IDS is sending it's digit stream and the voicemail is waiting for more possible digits before it times out?I know I have a Maverick mail system on an IDS and I can set it for how many digits to expect from the switch.Otherwise it will wait for an in band delay time and then act on the digits received.
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: substitue voicemail for executone - 06/25/04 05:22 PM
The voicemail will accept 2-4 digits for mailbox numbers. The unit works fine, except for the delay. I have set the vms delay to 35 and the vms to 5. Everything works fine. Except when a call is transfered either by the forwarding, person, or accessing the voicemail by voicemail key, there is a long delay before the voicemail answers.

Thanks for the reply. Who or what is a maverick voicemail?

Mike
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help