atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mauiandsons DSS keys - 08/17/04 01:00 PM
PLEASE HELP!!! My phones programmable keys are not allowing me to set them up as DSS keys. Out of the 20 keys, 10 of them are programmed as BIN keys or dialing an outside line which are meant for speed dials. As I don't use speed dials but I do use the Direct Station Select keys, I only have 3 that can be prgrammed to dial an extension. PLEASE help me to program my phone to have more DSS keys and not keys that go to an outside line. THANKS!
Posted By: pvj Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 02:34 PM
First,which system are you talking about?If it's an IDS then the keys must be set up as DSS keys in programming before you can change them.This would require either a pc,operator's screen or someone calling in to the system modem.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 02:39 PM
I believe it is and IDS. SO how would I go about programming them as DSS keys. The system is quite old and no one in the office is familiar with the system. Thanks!
Posted By: Test-ok Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 03:00 PM
Well...do you have a PC operators screen? it looks like a monitor thats located at the attendant.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 03:04 PM
Yeah, I think we do. No one uses it.
Posted By: pvj Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 05:02 PM
If you have the operators screen then you can access programming from it.Do you have the password?You will need to access station programming and program the keys to be DSS keys for the stations you want.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 05:19 PM
I am so confused! We have a ton of stuff out back where it would be. I can't tell which it is. Can the phones funtion without what you're talking about? This phone system is so old that I don't even know when the last someone has programmed it. If I can't figure out what you said, is there another way to program my keys as DSS.
Posted By: pvj Re: DSS keys - 08/17/04 08:21 PM
Yes the phones can function without it.
The only other ways to program are with a pc connected to the system or calling in through the system modem.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/18/04 08:56 AM
Can you assist me on how to call into the system modem. I am so sorry but I am so clueless when it comes to this phone system. Someone threw away our manuals.
Thanks!

[This message has been edited by mauiandsons (edited August 18, 2004).]
Posted By: pvj Re: DSS keys - 08/18/04 10:54 AM
Simply call in to the system and be transferred to 99.You will need to run probaly at 1200 baud and you will need the system password to get in.There have been many threads on setting up the com software do a search under procomm.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/18/04 11:09 AM
How do you call into the system?
Posted By: pvj Re: DSS keys - 08/18/04 03:52 PM
Dial a line connected to the system.Transfer the call to 99.
Posted By: mauiandsons Re: DSS keys - 08/18/04 04:05 PM
Ok, I think I just need someone to do it for us because I have no idea how to do any of this. Thanks for your time. I really appreciate it.

Tiffany
Posted By: barster Re: DSS keys - 08/21/04 10:12 PM
I'm in California as well..Orange co. I have have the software and know-how to dial into your system from my home and program whatever you would like. email me at: [email protected] Barry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help