atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Bigkayeh IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/01/04 12:43 PM
Customer called with a problem on acd group phones not ringing. He tried to get into the agent screen and it seems to have a problem with the database. The screen starts to load as normal but on the second line it throws up erroneous data and locks you out of the screen. The acd seems to be working alright except for the ring, they have to watch the lights to answer. I figure that defaulting acd and reprograming it might clear this up but I wanted to know if anyone has ever seen this and had any suggestions.

TIA

Kerry
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/01/04 06:08 PM
Well before I would default the ACD or anything else,I would definitely reset the system.Phone systems run 24 /7.Imagine if Windows had to do that without a reboot.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/01/04 06:34 PM
Reboot system, and check to make sure ACD reports are not full. You should setup the scheduler to delet. the reports for you. If report database is full it can cause some weird thinks to happen in the system.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/01/04 08:40 PM
I should have told you that I had already tried rebooting, sorry bout that. I will try to check thew reports tomorrow, had not thought of that and it has been running a long time without reports being run or deleted. Thanks for the info.

Kerry
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 01:43 PM
Deleting the reports did not help anything. I defaulted ACD and it cleared up the agent screen to where you can now add new agents. However it will still not ring the agent's phone when the call transfers there is a slight clicking sound when the call first hits the phone. Internal intercom calls do ring the phone so it doesn't seem to be a problem in the phones. Maybe related is another problem I discovered today. That is the DVA doesn't return audio when you call it from a system phone and try to replay the message(e.g. 201 for message 1) but you do hear the message when you call the ACD group on a CO line. Any thoughts on whether its software or hardware?

Kerry
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 03:58 PM
Is the ACD phones and the DVA on the same station card?
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 05:47 PM
No, they are not on the same card.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 06:20 PM
Check to make sure you have the software feature dowlnload for ACD. Also set a 2 second delay in the ACD group for routing the calls. This is the first box for that ACD groups routing.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 06:43 PM
The switch does have ACD (dacd05 I think) and has been running fine since first programmed in June. The problem just "showed up" this last Tuesday. The lines are actually answered by another ACD group to give a message before going to the agents and there is a delay at the first of their group. . Tried bypassing that group today but still didn't ring the agents.

Thanks again,

Kerry

[This message has been edited by Bigkayeh (edited September 02, 2004).]
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 07:25 PM
If you want to eliminate software as the problem then back up the system and acd programming and default the whole switch.Try a little basic reprogram and see if it works.If it persists then you have hardware to look at.That sounds weird about the dva.What about the system status screen does it show that the agents phone is ringing?
Posted By: RICK Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 07:42 PM
Is the problem on all ACD phones or any after
5 dacd05 means there are only 5 seats.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 07:49 PM
Rick, hit it on the nail!!

You have Dynamic ACD with 5 seat option.
This means you can only have 5 users in ACD.
If you have more users you need to get more seats.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/02/04 09:03 PM
There are only four seats in this group coverning 8 lines. It is a theater in Branson and the acd is for the ticket lines.
PVJ, yes, the stations do show up properly on the system status and the ACD agent realtime display. The call shows up and can be handled properly by watching the lights, they just don't get a ring. I thought that I would probably have to do the full default as you suggest just thought there might be someone has seen this problem. Thank you and please stand by for more questions as I am sure I will need to ask.

Kerry
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/03/04 06:09 AM
Just remembered! Had same problem at a large customer with multiple lines and users.

Telco had changed lines from copperPOTS to go through there SLICK(Fiber Mux). It somehow dropped the ringing voltage down to low for switch to make phones ring, but you could see it on the "C" screen.

Flip-Flop line that is for ACD with another line that is not having trouble. You can also compare the voltages on the lines.

I bet it is a Telco issue, but it will be hard to prove.

Did custmoer change Telco vendors recently?
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/03/04 06:42 AM
But if it was a telco problem then the switch wouldn't answer the call.Apparently it is answering right? And the ringing to the sets is generated by the switch.With the dva problem and the ringing issue problem there is something funky going on.Remember if you default the switch you won't lose the acd download so I think it's worth a shot.You have to eliminate something here either hardware or software.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/03/04 06:52 AM
I am going to site today to gather info and a download and to scehdule a time I can default the switch. I will test ring voltage just in case, probably even set an acd line to direct ring to be sure. If the situation clears with the default I don't think that I would want to upload the database that is corrupt. Is there a way to print out the programming if I have to enter it by hand?

Kerry
Posted By: trico94 Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/03/04 02:43 PM
What firmware level is on this CPU and what is the phone type. I ran into this problem a long time ago with the phones poping when an ACD call was sent to them and it seemed to be a Bug in the Firmware. Also make sure the Phones are not on a DTMF card.Try setting up a new phone on a different card.
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/03/04 05:59 PM
trico, I had thta problem with ACD agent phones. It was the firmware in the phone causing it to just pop instead of ringing. If you reset switch are phone it would work for next call, but would start poping again after that.

PVJ, the probem I had with Telco was that the lines going through there slick where not sending more than 52 volts for tring voltage. Switch would shoe it ringing in the "C" screen, but not ring the phone. Droped the ringing threshhold and phone would ring, but other lines started doing strange things. We found 1 card at slick that controled 4 lines that was bad, replaced and all was well.
Posted By: OLD TECH Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/06/04 01:47 PM
check the acd ring type in the s/w section of the switch.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 08:33 AM
Sorry for the long post in advance.
Time to reiterate what the situation is and what I ‘ve done so far. This site was previously installed by another company several years back(97-98). It has a 108 cabinet running an acpu and DACD05. The previous show had used ACD for their ticket lines and ran until this spring in the theater. The theaters management to back operations of the theater this spring and called in a tech to set up their phone system and defaulted it and ran into difficulties being able to program the phone system and voice mail. The manager who is a friend of mine asked me to help them out of a bind. I have never worked on the IDS but had worked for years at a company that would work on an old system if we could get a manual. I got a hold of a manual and set up their system for their needs at the time(they only had one line for tickets until the ramped up for the season}. I added their new ticket lines and programed ACD last May. The ACD worked fine until a week ago last Tuesday when the ringing for ACD calls quit and the database was corrupted in the agent programming screen.

Now to update what I have done. First, the DVA issue was a red herring the manager had accidentally blanked the first message and that was the only one that I had checked, the DVA is working fine. Acd ring is the only problem, all other aspects of the ACD are working fine. Other outside lines ring thru fine both direct ring and transfer from voicemail and internal calls ring properly. I tested ring voltage on the ACD lines and the other lines and they are comparable. A default of ACD cleared the agent programming screen but did nothing for the ring problem. I changed the ring type just to see and it did not help. The phones used by the agents are Tapi-160 phones so I swapped an M32 and did it did nothing for the ring. All the agent phones are on the same station card so I tried exts on other cards and it still doesn't ring. I ve scheduled a time to do a complete default to clear any corruption in the system database. So here are a few questions?

Is there any way to get a print out of programming to assist in a reprogram?

On the firmware, could the phone have run for years on acd with out this issue having occurred before?

If this turns out to be a hardware issue is it the EVCM or the ACPU? I doubt that it is a station card as it has occurred on all three station cards.

Thanks for your continued help,

Kerry
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 01:14 PM
To answer your questions:

Is there any way to get a print out of programming to assist in a reprogram?
=Access the system remotly or on site and print each screen you need. You can also backup programming onto a PC.

On the firmware, could the phone have run for years on acd with out this issue having occurred before?
=If it was bad firmware the problem should have occured from the start

If this turns out to be a hardware issue is it the EVCM or the ACPU?
=the EVCM (expanded voice control module) controls intercom paths, system modem, etc. The ACPU is the brains of the system. You can backup entire database, defaualy system and test in default to see if ACPU. If works you need to hand type system programming, if problem still there it is posable you have a bad ACPU.

Contact me and I will try to assist you!
Good Luck!!
JJ
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 01:45 PM
Thanks JJ. I tried to do a procomm trap for the programmingthe other day and the pages aren't updated only the data feilds making the trap real hard to read. Thankfully the the programming isn't to far off default. I do the default tommorrow after hours so I let you know what I find out then.

Thanks again
Kerry
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 02:15 PM
Yes definitely back up the system first so if thats not it you can just reload it.What about the trunk card?Have you tried a different trunk port?Or if you remove acd from the mix do the trunks ring in OK?
With the corrupted acd database I'm wondering if this thing got hit with a surge and some of the programming got scrambled.Any thunderstorms in your area when the problem first showed up?
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 02:47 PM
Yes I have programmed the trunk ports for direct ring to test and also have programed a completly seperate ACD group and new trunk port to that group with a differnt line that is not on the switch to the same effect. There weren't any stormes in the area and they are on a minute man ups but I still quized them but couldn't determine an event but it apparently occured over a weekend so I realy can't know for sure. I got my download last week. I wish I had done it earlier but this thing has been a work in progress for about four months.

Kerry
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/08/04 04:18 PM
I would also try as PVJ stated; swap the CO card, or atleast ports. Also make sure the card is set for loop or ground start lines which every they are using.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/09/04 04:55 PM
Did the default. Got no love. Looking to replacing hardware, is it possible that the ACD ring generation is a function of the EVCM or is this an ACPU issue. The only thing not working on this switch is the ACD ring. Otherwise, ACD and the rest of the switch functions mormally.

Thanks again,

Kerry
Posted By: ctousey Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/15/04 06:59 AM
simple question: Are the agent phones logged into the acd group that is sending calls to them.

Have you tried putting an 831 S 01xx where xx is the acd group number. This is a ringing acd que button.

How are your acd ques setup.

Is there remote access to this system I could get in remote and look at the programming.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/15/04 08:20 PM
Thanks for all the guys, especially the mods. It took a replace of the ACPU and EVCM (probably didn't need the EVCM but got them as a package}. This was one of those times were a lot of hours get chalked up to a good learning experience and not to a bill for the customer. But now I feel alot more comfortable with the IDS. Over the years I ve been able to learn systems if I can just get hold of a manual but I'm glad I 've found this site. I tsure beats talking to a manufacturer support tech that you are sure that you know more than he does.

TOA

Kerry
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/16/04 06:15 AM
Glad you got it fixed.Is the software the same version on the the new ACPU?Sounds like an interesting yet frustrating problem you had.
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/16/04 06:27 AM
No, the new was 3.0.0 and the old was 2.0.0
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/16/04 02:14 PM
You have Mail!!
Posted By: Bigkayeh Re: IDS 108 w/ acd - 09/16/04 04:21 PM
I appreciate the info, JJ.

Yhanks again, Kerry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help