atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Floyd Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/07/04 12:11 PM
OK, so my bosses told me to take the "old" IDS 42 out of mothballs and "power it up" for the new business.

It has gremlins.

My bosses say it had Auto Attendant capability but when I access it with my level8 password it says 'access denied' and there was never voice mail on it.

It also can answer incoming phone calls but it did for one day have dial tone to make outgoing, now it does not - just air.

In case you can help, I did put all in group 37 (presumably the auto attendant group), and the screen states version V42/84-4.0.3.

Thanks for any help,
Floyd
Posted By: pvj Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/07/04 02:41 PM
If it has the auto attendant feature enabled it will say that on the main programming menu screen as ATT as an option.Without that then it won't.It may be that the memory has totally defaulted from bering mothballed and you lost the download.
Are you saying that you cannot make outgoing calls?That may be because you are using trunk group keys and not all the trunks are active so you're picking up a "dead" member of the trunk group.You can assign direct keys to the sets for the lines or try dial accessing 9001,9002 etc.If you don't have the auto attendant option loaded then you should program the ringing on the sets that you want to ring.
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/08/04 05:26 AM
Originally posted by pvj:
If it has the auto attendant feature enabled it will say that on the main programming menu screen as ATT as an option.Without that then it won't.

It does not.

It may be that the memory has totally defaulted from bering mothballed and you lost the download.

It was unplugged for more than two years (I found out later) and nobody could tell me that they remember that they had it.

.... not all the trunks are active so you're picking up a "dead" member of the trunk group.You can assign direct keys to the sets for the lines or try dial accessing 9001,9002 etc.

The station programming was scrambled by one of my workers, but after putting it back in order, it worked fine. Thanks for the memory jar.

If you don't have the auto attendant option loaded then you should program the ringing on the sets that you want to ring.

1) Do you know if the auto attendant option still available?

2) Where on the menu(s) do you set the ringing of the individual phones?

Thanks again.
Floyd
Posted By: pvj Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/08/04 06:54 AM
If you need the auto attendant feature then you must get it downloaded to the system.Look for AABLE Communications they can apparently activate features.Please note they will charge for it unless you previously have paid for it.In that case if they can find a record of you having the download before they might reload it for you but I can't guarantee that.
As for ringing it is assigned on the A screen station programming on a per station basis.Same for programming keys on the sets if you need to do that.My guess if it's been sitting for 2 years without power then the memory will have bben wiped out and that's why you no longer have the ATT feature loaded.
Posted By: paul144 Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/08/04 06:55 AM
You should be able to get features downloaded from Aable Communications, for a fee of course.
We must have been typing at the same time.

------------------
Executone Telephone Repair
Isoetec Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited October 08, 2004).]
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/08/04 12:24 PM
Thank you both for your replies and help.
Floyd
Posted By: JJ Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/08/04 05:27 PM
Also, if you are going to use autoattendent you need a DVA(Digital voice announcer). I woukld just program lines to ring to phones and hookup a answering machine to yhe first two lines.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/11/04 08:07 AM
JJ,
You mean I need both the digital voice announcer and the voice mail system?

I thought the voice mail system will also work with the auto attendant add-in to create both.

Sorry for my confusion, but I'm working on limited knowledge (and partial manuals) with this system.

Thanks,
Floyd
Posted By: JJ Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/11/04 04:03 PM
Auto attendent and voicemal are two seperate options on the IDS product line.

Auto attendent is used with DVA and for routing calls.

Voicemail (VMS) option has both auto attendent and mailbox capabilities.

To use either feature you need the download option to use them.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: pvj Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/11/04 04:53 PM
Just to clarify for you,
If you want to use the IDS built in auto attendant then you need the ATT option plus a DVA.
If you want to use voicemail system as voicemail and auto attendant then you need the VMS feature loaded.
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 10/12/04 12:50 AM
Thanks again, all of you.
Floyd
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 11/09/04 12:46 PM
OK, with my time and all your help and AABLE's help I got the system (with VX2) up and running and purring.

Now, the bosses want a call accounting program hooked up to it.

Can the 42 deliver the output to a call accounting program or do I only have the option of the reporting feature that's in the system?

Thank for your input.
Floyd
Posted By: pvj Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 11/09/04 04:56 PM
You can set up the serial port on the 42 to output the smdr call records but note that to do this you will have to program it from another port (if it is equipped for more than 1) or do it through the built in modem connection.
Posted By: JJ Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 11/10/04 08:07 AM
There is a piggy-back board that can be added to the 42 to give you another port for SMDR. I have used TABS call accounting software before, but there are many other out there.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: Floyd Re: Resurrected Executone 42 System - 11/12/04 04:19 AM
Thanks again.
Floyd
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help