atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: crashjockey Executone Infostar DVX - 11/19/04 05:05 PM
My Executone voice mail system gave up. I used Procomm to view the startup screen and it halts after identifying the hard drive. Is it possible to communicate with the system. If so, what configuration and conncetion is necessary in Procomm? I booted the DVX hard drive from another computer and it loads fine.

Also, are there any other VMS systems compatable with Executone? I would like to find a system that is capable of recording all calls. I have tried several sofware programs, but they bypass Executone and I cannot put the caller on hold after giving a warning message. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks
Posted By: RICK Re: Executone Infostar DVX - 11/20/04 06:27 AM
The EVX, and VXC would give you the record feature via a programmable key on the phone.
If you have an 84 system then the VXC would
work, I am not sure at what software version the record feature came in, but I have customers with 108 cabinet, and Eclipse 2.5.0
using the record feature on the EVX.
EVX and VXC are voicemail cards that plug right into a cabinet slot.

Rick

------------------
Komon Communications Inc. Business Communication Systems and Service
Posted By: JJ Re: Executone Infostar DVX - 11/22/04 05:55 AM
Do you have the Executone software?
If you reload the software it should fix your problem. The DVX hates power problems and the data got corrupt by not setting it down properly.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: crashjockey Re: Executone Infostar DVX - 11/22/04 10:40 AM
Thanks for the input. I do not have the Executone software. Is it available online? Also how do I configure Procomm to communicate with the DVX. At this point I can view the startup screen on my laptop, but I can't seem to input data. There's probably a simple solution, but I have overlooked it.
Posted By: crashjockey Re: Executone Infostar DVX - 11/22/04 11:47 AM
Update: The system I have is IDS 42 w/model 32 phones.
Posted By: JJ Re: Executone Infostar DVX - 11/29/04 08:09 AM
To communicate with DVX: Connect laptop to DVX then reboot DVX so it sees the connection.

Try AABLE Communications for repaires and software.

Good Luck!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help