atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Andrew_in_DuPage Procomm Disconnecting - 11/22/04 10:58 AM
I have been able to connect to an Executone 228 system from home using ProComm many times in the past. I don't know what has changed on either end, but now when ProComm connects, it will disconnect when I press any key. This includes the ESC key that is needed to get the Executone welcome screen. I've tried using TVI955 and TVI920. I've also tried both Zmodem and Xmodem. Does anyone know what setting I've accidently changed on either the Executone modem or ProComm? Thanks.

--Andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew_in_Naperville (edited November 22, 2004).]
Posted By: JJ Re: Procomm Disconnecting - 11/22/04 12:49 PM
Check the lines from Telco. They drop calls all the time.

Data Bits: 8
Parity: none
Stop Bits: 1
Terminal Emulation: TVI920
Protocol: Xmodem

Goood Luck!!
Posted By: barster Re: Procomm Disconnecting - 11/22/04 08:59 PM
For remote progr. you need to have the emulation set at
TVI 950

I think it will automatically read the lower remote baud setting of 1200 to 14400 baud..so I think you can leave it on 9600..(direct connect setting)..if that doesn't work put it at 1200

X-modem
Posted By: Andrew_in_DuPage Re: Procomm Disconnecting - 11/22/04 09:19 PM
I've used both TVI920 and TVI950 in the past, but had the most luck with TVI955. Xmodem is just the file transfer protocol, so it doesn't really make any difference until you're transferring a file to/from the Executone system.

My problem is that when I hit the ESC key after it appears to be connected, ProComm disconnects the call.
Posted By: barster Re: Procomm Disconnecting - 11/22/04 11:10 PM
Run the procomm wizard modem diagnostics under 'help'...if that comes up good..do a process of elimination.. try to connect to another IDS remotely...if you have another customer with one...etc.
Good luck.
Posted By: Andrew_in_DuPage Re: Procomm Disconnecting - 11/30/04 02:40 PM
Ahhh... after changing just about everything (in software and hardware), I finally got it working. The modem in my PC was hosed. I had to uninstall and reinstall it. In the process, I found I had a newer EVCM card with a faster modem. I can now connect at speeds slightly faster than molasses! Thanks for your help, guys...

--Andrew
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help