atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: brendanm720 Equity III Problem - 02/09/05 02:59 PM
I've got an old Equity III 308 (circa 1987) that has been working fine for the past twenty some odd years. Now, when the KSU is powered up, it honks like usual, and then the led on the front goes out and the phones don't work. When I turn it off and unplug it, the stations that are connected squeal for three seconds or so after a few minutes.

Does anyboy have any ideas as to how I can fix this?
Posted By: nonameyet Re: Equity III Problem - 02/09/05 06:51 PM
Sounds like the power supply has gone south, back in the day, we used to replace the 2 capacitors on the power supply in the field.

Don't remember which ones...Maybe somebody else does.
Posted By: RICK Re: Equity III Problem - 02/09/05 07:20 PM
We used to always replace those Power supplies, sometimes if you unplug the system and wait a while then plug it back in you could get a few more weeks out of it, but it will need to be replaced, as far as Capacitors go I do remember something about replacing them but don't remember which ones either.

Rick
Posted By: brendanm720 Re: Equity III Problem - 02/09/05 07:26 PM
I was afraid of that... There are several in the power supply. Anybody know where I can get a cap tester?
Posted By: JJ Re: Equity III Problem - 02/10/05 04:07 AM
If I had a power supply I could tell you which two. One is on the left side the other is on the top left. We always put in replacements with a higher microfarad range.

Executone came out with a tech -fact stating the capacitor upgrade and replacement. Just can not find it now. Most customers have replaced/upgraded systems already.
Posted By: KENB Re: Equity III Problem - 02/10/05 04:08 AM
there is a company in ohio that repaired samsung 56/120 power supplies for me
maybe they could do yours i will email #
also maybe some one on here has an old eq III
and could sell u the power

paul
do you have one of these or repair ps ?

[This message has been edited by KENB (edited February 10, 2005).]
Posted By: paul144 Re: Equity III Problem - 02/16/05 01:50 PM
I might have one kicking around. Unfortunately, if he still has the original power supply in there, the caps have probably leaked by now and corroded the heck out of everything. If you want to send it to us, we can take a look at it. If you want a replacement, hit me with an e-mail and I will go digging in the warehouse.

------------------
Executone Telephone Repair
Toshiba Telephone Repair

[This message has been edited by paul144 (edited February 16, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help