atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RexburgPhoneCenter IDS 42 Voice Mail - 02/12/05 04:55 PM
I have an IDS 42 system software 8.x, I would like to add a VM system to it using OPX Ports, I have the OPX interfaces working on the system and can dial into the system but not sure how to get the system to transfer to VM when an extension is not answered or busy. I have programmed the information in the G screen but doesn't seem to transfer. If anyone could help I would appriciate it. Thanks
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 42 Voice Mail - 02/12/05 05:32 PM
First question is do you have the VMS option turned on?Without it you're not going to get it to work.If you do then yes use the G screen.Forward calls for busy and /or no answer to VMS.You will also need to setup the mailbox and prefix section of the G screen and depending on the voicemail you are going to use maybe some other settings.
Posted By: RexburgPhoneCenter Re: IDS 42 Voice Mail - 02/12/05 11:24 PM
How do I get the VMS option Turned on, I have it on my IDS 228 but not my 42
Posted By: pvj Re: IDS 42 Voice Mail - 02/13/05 06:05 AM
You'll need to get Aable Communications to turn it on for you.Ridiculous that you have to resort to that but Executone always wanted you to install their voicemail and the general rule was that if you used a 3rd party voicemail you got charged for the download.And where are they now......?
Posted By: RexburgPhoneCenter Re: IDS 42 Voice Mail - 02/14/05 08:44 AM
WOW, they want 150.00 to turn on VM, Crazy. If anyone knows of another way please let me know. If not thanks for all the help.

Update: I contacted Intertel and Thanks to some corporate connections I was able to get them to do the download to the IDS at no cost.

[This message has been edited by RexburgPhoneCenter (edited February 14, 2005).]
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help