atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MagnusFox How to "copy an extension" programming - 02/21/05 09:27 AM
I've goofed something up over the weekend with the programming for the latest extension I've added. The result is that the set cannot get an outside line. It can receive an inbound call without issue. When pressing the button to select a line, there is a beep then the busy signal and the display says Line Busy.

Is there a way to copy all of the programming from a knowen working extension to this extension? I want to copy all of the Line ID settings. Do something like Copy Ext 4330 to Ext 4370?

Thanks all.
Posted By: MagnusFox Re: How to "copy an extension" programming - 02/21/05 09:34 AM
Some other info:
While viewing the System Stats "C Screen" I called the extension. Then asked the user to put me on hold and try the second line. I saw our line go to HOLD, but never saw a new line picked up. That seems correct based on the display saying Line Busy.

So the issue still remains. The extension must not have access to the trunk group or something.
Posted By: nonameyet Re: How to "copy an extension" programming - 02/21/05 01:20 PM
Be REAL CAREFUL with the ' COPY . commands!!!

Unless You can back up your system and be able to restore it... You should NOT mess with the COPY!!

on the phone in question, there is one way to check it, First, LOOK at another working phone and write down all the info and then program the 2nd one that way.

There are COPY Comannds for LINE ID's...BUT. it will COPY ALL to EVERY PHONE...(NOT a good idea on a ' working system ')
Posted By: pvj Re: How to "copy an extension" programming - 02/21/05 04:08 PM
Agree it should be easy enough to fix by assigning the trunks to the set in question.If you use the H list commands you can easily see what lines are in which group.
Posted By: MagnusFox Re: How to "copy an extension" programming - 02/22/05 07:56 AM
Thanks for the info guys. With 2 T1s it was a long process to copy all of the Line IDs, but at least it now works.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help