atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hello everybody out there. It's a great pleasure to see you phone gurus help each other on this site. May G-d help you with your own issues [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]. I have a quick question, if possible. While replacing the operator console, I played around with the key assignment in programming screen and unfortunately re-set a certain key which, turned out to be an F1 function key on the keyboard. I don't remember what the value was but now transferring calls to an outside number does not work. We used to be able to hit "Transfer", "Out", Dial the outside number, then hit "Transfer", "F1", "Release" and the call would be transferred to that number. Now that we hit "F1" and it disconnects the call. I can't figure out what the value for that key was. Any help would be greatly truly appreciated. I do some programming light on the system and nothing too complicated that's why I'm not sure what the original value of the key was. Meanwhile, users are having my @#$@# for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!! [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Many many thanks!!!
The default value for a wise 60 F1 key is ^A@^M.

Kerry
Forgive my ignorance but what's ^A@^M? and how do I enter it in? Question for those who know IDS programming. Is it supposed to be a default key in order for my transfers to work or is it supposed to be a different key? What's wise 60? Thanks!!
Function key 1 relates to key number 13 on the station prgramming screen for the operator extension.It sounds like it was an unsupervised conference key code 838.
Aha!!! That smells even better!!! I can't try it now, I'm not at work but the "Conference" part of code 838 is confusing me - I'm not conferencing anybody in, I'm transferring only but I'll try definitely tomorrow. Can it be anything else? And again, how do I enter the default of ^A@^M whatever that means. By the way, you really know your stuff. F1 is indeed key # 13 - I learned it the hard way [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
Thanks a lot.
As PVJ stated:

An Unsupervised Conference is established when you originate a Two External Party Con-ference call, leave the conference, and wants to free your extension of the conference call. This allows the two outside parties to continue their conversation after you have left the con-ference, however, you cannot re–enter the conference. Your telephone is then free to use.

A UNSUPERVISED CONFERENCE key (key code 838) is required for stations authorized to make unsupervised conferences.

Good Luck!!
Hello all of you GURUS out there again. It worked. Thank you so very much. You took a heavy load off my shoulders. It is indeed code 838 and I'm closing another chapter in my book [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com] It's fascinating to see us, IT people, help strangers just because. Well, what goes around, comes around. The man above sees everything and turns your doings back at you [Linked Image from sundance-communications.com]
So, thanks again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help