atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: applepicker1 IDS 84 Help - 03/26/05 12:57 AM
I have an Executone IDS 84 System with a CPU Labeled P/N - 22400-1 CPU/VCM and two 22550 Line/Station Cards, can someone tell me what CPU/VCM stands for and how can I reset the system to default without diconnecting the backup battery on the board, also does this system require an external Voice Mail or is it also a slide in Card, all I have for a phone set to program with are the Model 32 - 84500 18 Button Phone, will one of these work?
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/26/05 03:38 AM
I have an Executone IDS 84 System with a CPU Labeled P/N - 22400-1 CPU/VCM and two 22550 Line/Station Cards, can someone tell me what CPU/VCM stands for
>It stands for Central Processor Unit and Voice Control Module.

and how can I reset the system to default without diconnecting the backup battery on the board
>That would be the only way unless you connect with the Operator Console or by Laptop.

also does this system require an external Voice Mail or is it also a slide in Card
>Usually a external VM.

all I have for a phone set to program with are the Model 32 - 84500 18 Button Phone, will one of these work?
>No, you need a Laptop or Operators Console.

[This message has been edited by Telephonyman (edited March 26, 2005).]
Posted By: JJ Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/26/05 02:24 PM
You use a laptop to program sysytem with procomm plus.

There is a voicemail card that will slide into cabinet it is made by Executone and called VMC.

THere is n external voicemail sysytem called VXII or VX3. It needed single line ports to interface.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: applepicker1 Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/26/05 04:27 PM
Thank you for your help, can anyone tell me where to get an Installation/Programing Manual for this phone system?

Thanks again for the info, it will really help.
Posted By: Andrew_in_DuPage Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/27/05 01:05 PM
I bought mine on CD-ROM for $25 at <a href="https://www.p1bcinc.com/executone/executone_manuals.htm">Priority One</a>. Someone else might know of a cheaper place to get them.

[This message has been edited by Andrew_in_Naperville (edited March 27, 2005).]
Posted By: barster Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/27/05 06:06 PM
I'll program it remotely from southern Ca. for $65. You have the higher speed modem-1200 baud ..so it wont take to long. I'll program it first and then you can mail me a check. Send me a email and we'll cordinate a time. Otherwise your looking at around $135 for the programming software..plus making a special cable/connector..and the price of a manual. Not to mention passwords.

Barry
Posted By: barster Re: IDS 84 Help - 03/27/05 06:12 PM
Posted By: applepicker1 Re: IDS 84 Help - 04/01/05 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone for your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help