atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a kinda unique situation with 2 phone systems I help maintain. At our main location(A) we are using an IDS 228(I think that's the number). We then have a point to point t1 to a second IDS 228 at an offsite location(b). The phones from B are set for TIE connections, so that all calls from site B go through site A, allowing for extension dialing between the 2 locations. The problem arrises when someone at site B dials 911, the call shows up as originating from site A. I was instructed(by Executone tech) that I needed to add a GS card and connect a copper line to it and then use LCR to program a second service to dial 911 through the second service(copper). I connected the copper line to the first port on the GS card and set it so that dialing 911 will send it out on that line. When dialed, however, it just stalls. In the F screen, it shows that the line is active, but it doesn't dial. I was thinking maybe I had the copper line to the GS card screwed up or something. Any ideas or knowledge on how this is supposed to work? Thanks!
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by griflet:
I have a kinda unique situation with 2 phone systems I help maintain. At our main location(A) we are using an IDS 228(I think that's the number). We then have a point to point t1 to a second IDS 228 at an offsite location(b). The phones from B are set for TIE connections, so that all calls from site B go through site A, allowing for extension dialing between the 2 locations. The problem arrises when someone at site B dials 911, the call shows up as originating from site A. I was instructed(by Executone tech) that I needed to add a GS card and connect a copper line to it and then use LCR to program a second service to dial 911 through the second service(copper). I connected the copper line to the first port on the GS card and set it so that dialing 911 will send it out on that line. When dialed, however, it just stalls. In the F screen, it shows that the line is active, but it doesn't dial. I was thinking maybe I had the copper line to the GS card screwed up or something. Any ideas or knowledge on how this is supposed to work? Thanks!</font>
Do know for sure if you co provider brought in a ground start line? It could be loop start. If you do have GSD make sure your system has a good ground. If you have a good ground change the polarity from the dmarc to your system.
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by griflet:
I have a kinda unique situation with 2 phone systems I help maintain. At our main location(A) we are using an IDS 228(I think that's the number). We then have a point to point t1 to a second IDS 228 at an offsite location(b). The phones from B are set for TIE connections, so that all calls from site B go through site A, allowing for extension dialing between the 2 locations. The problem arrises when someone at site B dials 911, the call shows up as originating from site A. I was instructed(by Executone tech) that I needed to add a GS card and connect a copper line to it and then use LCR to program a second service to dial 911 through the second service(copper). I connected the copper line to the first port on the GS card and set it so that dialing 911 will send it out on that line. When dialed, however, it just stalls. In the F screen, it shows that the line is active, but it doesn't dial. I was thinking maybe I had the copper line to the GS card screwed up or something. Any ideas or knowledge on how this is supposed to work? Thanks!</font>
To direct acces line from phone dial 9001 for line 1, dial 9003 for line 3, dial 9034 for line 34, etc.

Make sure line apper on "F" screen.
Put line into trunk group and assign that trunk group in your LCR to use that line for 911 calls.

Also like Dan said make sure if line is ground or loop. If LS/GS card you need to set dip switchs for what type of trunk and program on th "B" screen.

Good Luck!!
Thanks guys! The card wasn't accessing the line(using direct dial made that clear), so I messed with the programming in the B screen and it is now working. Looked like it wasn't selecting the correct trunk group. Also, good to know about the switches, that's what the executone tech thought it was too.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help